1. Soccer Streams
  2. Championship
  3. Preston vs Middlesbrough

Riis (60') Millar (23')
Azaz (57')

How to watch Preston vs Middlesbrough online & on TV, head to head and predictions


Match feed:
  • 90'
    Yellow Card
    • McGree, Riley

    At Deepdale, Riley McGree has been yellow-carded for the away team.

  • 90'
    Yellow Card
    • Browne, Alan

    Alan Browne (Preston) has received a yellow card from Tony Harrington.

  • Match Ended
  • 89'
    Substitution
    • Hackney, Hayden
    • O'Brien, Lewis

    Lewis O'Brien is replacing Hayden Hackney for the away team.

  • 86'
    Yellow Card
    • Storey, Jordan

    Preston's Jordan Storey has been booked in Preston.

  • 83'
    Substitution
    • Whiteman, Ben
    • McCann, Ali

    The home team replace Ben Whiteman with Ali McCann.

  • 76'
    Substitution
    • Keane, Will
    • Stewart, Layton

    Layton Stewart is replacing Will Keane for the home team.

  • 75'
    Substitution
    • Riis, Emil
    • Osmajic, Milutin

    Ryan Lowe (Preston) is making a third substitution, with Milutin Osmajic replacing Emil Riis.

  • 75'
    Substitution
    • Lindsay, Liam
    • Whatmough, Jack

    The home team replace Liam Lindsay with Jack Whatmough.

  • 73'
    Substitution
    • Ayling, Luke
    • Dijksteel, Anfernee

    Anfernee Dijksteel is on a sub for Luke Ayling for Middlesbrough.

  • 68'
    Substitution
    • Greenwood, Sam
    • Silvera, Sam

    Middlesbrough make their first substitution with Sam Silvera replacing Sam Greenwood.

  • 60'
    Goal !
    • Riis, Emil (Scorer)

    Emil Riis is on target to give Preston a 2-1 advantage.

  • 57'
    Goal !
    • Azaz, Finn (Scorer)
    • Howson, Jonny (Assist)

    Finn Azaz levels the score at 1-1.

    That's a fine assist from Jonny Howson.

  • 23'
    Goal !
    • Millar, Liam (Scorer)

    Liam Millar scores to make it 1-0 at Deepdale.

  • 9'
    Substitution
    • Hughes, Andrew
    • Cunningham, Gregory

    Gregory Cunningham is replacing Andrew Hughes for Preston at Deepdale.

  • Match Started

Line-ups

Preston
(3-5-2)
(4-2-3-1)
Middlesbrough
1Woodman14Storey6Lindsay16Hughes11Brady8Browne4Whiteman10Frokjaer-Jensen23Millar7Keane19Riis23Glover12Ayling5Clarke3Van den Berg33Thomas16Howson8McGree21Forss7Hackney20Azaz29Greenwood
Middlesbrough
(4-2-3-1)

Statistics

Ball possession
Preston50%
50% Middlesbrough
Shots
0Off goal72On goal4

2
Shots blocked
7
2
Corner kicks
7
1
Offsides
4
3
Saves
0
9
Fouls
10
2
Yellow cards
1
0
Red cards
0

Preston vs Middlesbrough Betting tips

The most common result of matches between Preston North End and Middlesbrough FC is 0-2. 4 matches have ended with this result.
During the last 12 meetings with Preston North End playing at home, Preston North End have won 3 times, there have been 4 draws while Middlesbrough FC have won 5 times. The goal difference is 20-18 in favour of Middlesbrough FC.
During the last 23 meetings, Preston North End have won 5 times, there have been 7 draws while Middlesbrough FC have won 11 times. The goal difference is 40-25 in favour of Middlesbrough FC.
Last season's matches: 2-1 (Preston North End at home) and 4-0 (Middlesbrough FC at home).
Did you know that Preston North End scores 26% of their goals between the minutes 46-60?
Did you know that Middlesbrough FC scores 26% of their goals between the minutes 46-60?
When playing at home, Preston North End have not lost to Middlesbrough FC in their last 3 encounters.
Preston North End haven't scored in 3 of their 15 home matches in Championship this season.
Middlesbrough FC haven't scored in 2 of their 14 away matches in Championship this season.
Liam Millar has assisted the most goals for Preston North End with 5. Matt Crooks is Middlesbrough FC's biggest assister (5).
Middlesbrough FC have scored at least one goal for 5 consecutive matches.
Preston North End wins 1st half in 16% of their matches, Middlesbrough FC in 22% of their matches.
Preston North End wins 16% of halftimes, Middlesbrough FC wins 22%.
The winner of their last meeting was Middlesbrough FC.
On their last meeting Middlesbrough FC won by 4 goals.
When Preston North End leads 1-0 at home, they win in 76% of their matches.
When Middlesbrough FC leads 0-1 away, they win in 64% of their matches.
When Preston North End is down 0-1 home, they win 30% of their matches.
When Middlesbrough FC is down 1-0 away, they win 35% of their matches.
In Championship, Middlesbrough FC has better performance than Preston North End.
Middlesbrough FC's performance of the last 5 matches is better than Preston North End's.
In the last 5 meetings Preston North End won 3, Middlesbrough FC won 2, 0 draws.
Preston North End scores 1.6 goals in a match against Middlesbrough FC and Middlesbrough FC scores 2.2 goals against Preston North End (on average).
Average number of goals in meetings between Preston North End and Middlesbrough FC is 3.8.
Average number of goals in the first half in meetings between Preston North End and Middlesbrough FC is 1.8.
Preston North End scores 1.56 goals when playing at home and Middlesbrough FC scores 1.82 goals when playing away (on average).
Middlesbrough FC have scored at least one goal for 6 consecutive matches.
Preston North End wins 1st half in 17% of their matches, Middlesbrough FC in 22% of their matches.
Preston North End wins 17% of halftimes, Middlesbrough FC wins 22%.
Middlesbrough FC haven't won in their last 4 games.
Middlesbrough FC have conceded a goal in each of their last 5 matches.
In Championship, Preston North End has better performance than Middlesbrough FC.
Preston North End's performance of the last 5 matches is better than Middlesbrough FC's.
Preston North End have scored at least one goal for 5 consecutive matches.
Did you know that Preston North End scores 25% of their goals between the minutes 46-60?
Did you know that Middlesbrough FC scores 27% of their goals between the minutes 76-90?
If Alan Browne scores against Middlesbrough FC it will be his 5th goal for Preston North End this season.
The most common end-result when Preston North End leads 1-0 at home this season is 2-1.
1/38

News

Form

PrestonPreston
  1. Flag ENGChampionship
    23 Feb 2024
    Coventry
    0 : 3
    Preston
  2. Flag ENGChampionship
    17 Feb 2024
    Preston
    2 : 2
    Blackburn
  3. Flag ENGChampionship
    14 Feb 2024
    Preston
    2 : 1
    Middlesbrough
  4. Flag ENGChampionship
    10 Feb 2024
    Cardiff
    0 : 2
    Preston
  5. Flag ENGChampionship
    3 Feb 2024
    Preston
    3 : 2
    Ipswich
MiddlesbroughMiddlesbrough
  1. Flag ENGChampionship
    24 Feb 2024
    Middlesbrough
    0 : 2
    Plymouth Argyle
  2. Flag ENGChampionship
    17 Feb 2024
    Leicester
    1 : 2
    Middlesbrough
  3. Flag ENGChampionship
    14 Feb 2024
    Preston
    2 : 1
    Middlesbrough
  4. Flag ENGChampionship
    10 Feb 2024
    Middlesbrough
    1 : 2
    Bristol City
  5. Flag ENGChampionship
    4 Feb 2024
    Middlesbrough
    1 : 1
    Sunderland

Head to head

Preston
Matches:10
Middlesbrough
50%
Wins: 5
10%
Draws: 1
40%
Wins: 4
Recent meetings
  1. Flag ENGChampionship
    14 Feb 2024
    PrestonPreston
    2 : 1
    MiddlesbroughMiddlesbrough
  2. Flag ENGChampionship
    28 Nov 2023
    MiddlesbroughMiddlesbrough
    4 : 0
    PrestonPreston
  3. Flag ENGChampionship
    18 Mar 2023
    MiddlesbroughMiddlesbrough
    4 : 0
    PrestonPreston
  4. Flag ENGChampionship
    29 Oct 2022
    PrestonPreston
    2 : 1
    MiddlesbroughMiddlesbrough
  5. Flag ENGChampionship
    7 May 2022
    PrestonPreston
    4 : 1
    MiddlesbroughMiddlesbrough

Championship Standings

PosTeamWDLMPts
7Norwich157123452
8Preston157123452
9Coventry131293451
...
12Bristol City128143444
13Middlesbrough135153344
14Cardiff135163444

Match information

Preston North End is set to face Middlesbrough FC in a Championship match on Wednesday, 14 February 2024. The kickoff is scheduled for 19:45 UTC at Deepdale stadium. Currently, Preston North End holds the 10th position in the Championship standings, while Middlesbrough FC is in the 12th position.

The two teams have a history of evenly matched encounters, with a total of 9 meetings. Their record is balanced, as both teams have secured 4 victories each, and they’ve drawn once. Specifically, Preston North End has won 3 times at home and once as the guest team, while Middlesbrough FC has also won 3 times at home and once away.

The last match between the two clubs was on 28 November 2023, where Middlesbrough FC emerged victoriously with a 4-0 win against Preston North End.

For those unable to attend the game at Deepdale, the match will be available to watch through various transmissions. In the United Kingdom, streaming of the match will be provided by SKY GO and viewers can also watch the game on television via Sky Sports Red Button.

Regarding match predictions, there is a 33.09% chance of a Preston North End win, a 23.96% chance for a draw, and a 42.95% predicted probability for a Middlesbrough FC victory. Furthermore, betting odds from bet365 are set at 3.3 for a Preston North End win, 3.4 for a draw, and 2.2 in favor of Middlesbrough FC securing a win.