1. Football today
  2. Championship
  3. Cardiff vs Huddersfield

Diedhiou (30')

How to watch Cardiff vs Huddersfield online & on TV, head to head and predictions


Match feed:
  • Match Ended
  • 85'
    Substitution
    • Grant, Karlan
    • O'Dowda, Callum

    Cardiff make their fifth substitution with Callum O'Dowda replacing Karlan Grant.

  • 84'
    Yellow Card
    • Tanner, Ollie

    Ollie Tanner (Cardiff) has received a first yellow card.

  • 78'
    Substitution
    • Ralls, Joe
    • Siopis, Manolis

    The home team replace Joe Ralls with Manolis Siopis.

  • 78'
    Substitution
    • Bowler, Josh
    • Tanner, Ollie

    Ollie Tanner is on a sub for Josh Bowler for Cardiff.

  • 74'
    Substitution
    • Kasumu, David
    • Radulovic, Bojan

    Huddersfield make their fourth substitution with Bojan Radulovic replacing David Kasumu.

  • 74'
    Substitution
    • Pearson, Matty
    • Edwards, Tom

    The away team have replaced Matty Pearson with Tom Edwards. This is the third substitution made today by Andre Breitenreiter.

  • 70'
    Substitution
    • Turnbull, David
    • Colwill, Rubin

    Rubin Colwill is on a sub for David Turnbull for Cardiff.

  • 69'
    Substitution
    • Diedhiou, Famara
    • Meite, Yakou

    Yakou Meite is replacing Famara Diedhiou for the home team.

  • 66'
    Yellow Card
    • Ng, Perry

    Perry Ng (Cardiff) has received a yellow card from Matt Donohue.

  • 60'
    Yellow Card
    • Grant, Karlan

    Karlan Grant is booked for the home team.

  • 47'
    Substitution
    • Spencer, Brodie
    • Headley, Jaheim

    The away team replace Brodie Spencer with Jaheim Headley.

  • 46'
    Substitution
    • Wiles, Ben
    • Matos, Alex

    Andre Breitenreiter is making the team's first substitution at Cardiff City Stadium with Alex Matos replacing Ben Wiles.

  • 30'
    Goal !
    • Diedhiou, Famara (Scorer)
    • Bowler, Josh (Assist)

    Goal! Cardiff have got their heads in front thanks to a Famara Diedhiou strike.

    Josh Bowler instrumental with a fine assist.

  • 27'
    Yellow Card
    • Wintle, Ryan

    Ryan Wintle (Cardiff) has been booked and must now be careful not to get a second yellow card.

  • 19'
    Yellow Card
    • Spencer, Brodie

    At Cardiff City Stadium, Brodie Spencer has been yellow-carded for the away team.

  • Match Started

Line-ups

Cardiff
(4-2-3-1)
(4-4-2)
Huddersfield
1Horvath38Ng12Phillips4Goutas30Wilson-Esbrand6Wintle8Ralls14Bowler15Turnbull16Grant20Diedhiou1Nicholls17Spencer4Pearson32Lees5Helik14Thomas23Wiles18Kasumu7Burgzorg8Rudoni25Ward
Huddersfield
(4-4-2)

Statistics

Ball possession
Cardiff55%
45% Huddersfield
Shots
2Off goal54On goal2

0
Shots blocked
3
3
Corner kicks
3
1
Offsides
1
2
Saves
3
8
Fouls
10
4
Yellow cards
1
0
Red cards
0

Cardiff vs Huddersfield Betting tips

The most common result of matches between Cardiff City and Huddersfield Town is 0-0. 5 matches have ended with this result.
During the last 11 meetings with Cardiff City playing at home, Cardiff City have won 8 times, there have been 2 draws while Huddersfield Town have won 1 times. The goal difference is 24-10 in favour of Cardiff City.
During the last 22 meetings, Cardiff City have won 12 times, there have been 6 draws while Huddersfield Town have won 4 times. The goal difference is 38-16 in favour of Cardiff City.
Last season Huddersfield Town won both games against Cardiff City (1-0 at home and 2-1 away).
Did you know that Cardiff City scores 28% of their goals between the minutes 76-90?
Did you know that Huddersfield Town scores 28% of their goals between the minutes 61-75?
Cardiff City haven't scored in 6 of their 17 home matches in Championship this season.
Huddersfield Town haven't scored in 3 of their 17 away matches in Championship this season.
Joe Ralls has assisted the most goals for Cardiff City with 7. Sorba Thomas is Huddersfield Town's biggest assister (9).
A year ago, Cardiff City were number 21 in the table with 35 points. Now they are number 14 with 44 points.
Huddersfield Town have scored at least one goal for 8 consecutive matches.
Cardiff City wins 1st half in 26% of their matches, Huddersfield Town in 22% of their matches.
Cardiff City wins 26% of halftimes, Huddersfield Town wins 22%.
The winner of their last meeting was Cardiff City.
On their last meeting Cardiff City won by 4 goals.
When Cardiff City leads 1-0 at home, they win in 90% of their matches.
When Huddersfield Town leads 0-1 away, they win in 55% of their matches.
When Cardiff City is down 0-1 home, they win 0% of their matches.
When Huddersfield Town is down 1-0 away, they win 13% of their matches.
In Championship, Huddersfield Town has better performance than Cardiff City.
Huddersfield Town's performance of the last 5 matches is better than Cardiff City's.
In the last 5 meetings Cardiff City won 2, Huddersfield Town won 3, 0 draws.
Cardiff City scores 1.6 goals in a match against Huddersfield Town and Huddersfield Town scores 1.2 goals against Cardiff City (on average).
Average number of goals in meetings between Cardiff City and Huddersfield Town is 2.8.
Average number of goals in the first half in meetings between Cardiff City and Huddersfield Town is 1.
Cardiff City scores 1.26 goals when playing at home and Huddersfield Town scores 1.86 goals when playing away (on average).
A year ago, Cardiff City were number 20 in the table with 38 points. Now they are number 11 with 47 points.
Huddersfield Town have scored at least one goal for 9 consecutive matches.
Cardiff City wins 1st half in 26% of their matches, Huddersfield Town in 24% of their matches.
Cardiff City wins 26% of halftimes, Huddersfield Town wins 24%.
Perry Ng is Cardiff City's top scorer with 6 goals. Michal Helik has scored 8 times for Huddersfield Town.
A year ago, Huddersfield Town were number 23 in the table with 32 points. Now they are number 19 with 38 points.
Did you know that Huddersfield Town scores 27% of their goals between the minutes 61-75?
Perry Ng is Cardiff City's top scorer with 6 goals. Michal Helik has scored 9 times for Huddersfield Town.
If Michal Helik scores against Cardiff City it will be his 10th goal for Huddersfield Town this season.
If David Kasumu receives a yellow card in today's match, he will be suspended after collecting 5 yellow cards so far this season.
The most common end-result when Cardiff City leads 1-0 at home this season is 2-0.
Cardiff City is undefeated this season when playing at home and taking the lead 1-0.
1/38

News

Head to head

Cardiff
Matches:10
Huddersfield
60%
Wins: 6
10%
Draws: 1
30%
Wins: 3
Recent meetings
  1. Flag ENGChampionship
    6 Mar 2024
    CardiffCardiff
    1 : 0
    HuddersfieldHuddersfield
  2. Flag ENGChampionship
    24 Oct 2023
    HuddersfieldHuddersfield
    0 : 4
    CardiffCardiff
  3. Flag ENGChampionship
    30 Apr 2023
    CardiffCardiff
    1 : 2
    HuddersfieldHuddersfield
  4. Flag ENGChampionship
    17 Sep 2022
    HuddersfieldHuddersfield
    1 : 0
    CardiffCardiff
  5. Flag ENGChampionship
    23 Feb 2022
    HuddersfieldHuddersfield
    2 : 1
    CardiffCardiff

Form

CardiffCardiff
  1. Flag ENGChampionship
    20 Apr 2024
    Cardiff
    2 : 1
    Southampton
  2. Flag ENGChampionship
    13 Apr 2024
    Millwall
    3 : 1
    Cardiff
  3. Flag ENGChampionship
    10 Apr 2024
    Birmingham
    0 : 1
    Cardiff
  4. Flag ENGChampionship
    6 Apr 2024
    Cardiff
    1 : 3
    Hull
  5. Flag ENGChampionship
    1 Apr 2024
    Coventry
    1 : 2
    Cardiff
HuddersfieldHuddersfield
  1. Flag ENGChampionship
    20 Apr 2024
    Huddersfield
    0 : 4
    Swansea
  2. Flag ENGChampionship
    13 Apr 2024
    Bristol City
    1 : 1
    Huddersfield
  3. Flag ENGChampionship
    9 Apr 2024
    Preston
    4 : 1
    Huddersfield
  4. Flag ENGChampionship
    6 Apr 2024
    Huddersfield
    1 : 0
    Millwall
  5. Flag ENGChampionship
    1 Apr 2024
    Stoke
    1 : 1
    Huddersfield

Cardiff vs Huddersfield Standings

PosTeamWDLMPts
10Preston189174463
11Cardiff195204462
12Bristol City1611174459
...
22Birmingham1210224446
23Huddersfield917184444
24Rotherham412284424

Match information

Cardiff City is set to host Huddersfield Town in the Championship at Cardiff City Stadium on Wednesday, 6 March 2024, with a start time of 19:45 UTC. This encounter marks a crucial match for both sides, with Cardiff City currently positioned 11th in the standings, while Huddersfield Town sits in the 21st spot.

The last match between these two teams took place on 24 October 2023, where Cardiff City emerged victorious with a significant 4-0 win against Huddersfield Town. When examining their overall head-to-head record, Cardiff City has claimed 5 wins compared to Huddersfield Town's 3, with 1 game ending in a draw. At home, Cardiff City boasts 3 wins, while as the visiting side, they have secured 2 wins. Conversely, Huddersfield Town has 2 wins on their home turf and 1 triumph as the guest team.

Regarding broadcast opportunities, the match will be available for streaming on SKY GO and also aired on Sky Sports Red Button for television viewers in the UK.

With the odds and predictions noting a home team win chance at 49.96%, a draw possibility at 26.54%, and an away team win chance at 23.5%, the match is expected to be competitive. Bet365 provides odds of 2.45 for a Cardiff City win, 3.25 for a draw, and 3 for a Huddersfield Town victory.