1. Football today
  2. FA Cup
  3. Blackburn vs Newcastle
Blackburn

Blackburn

Blackburn

After penalties
34
After extra time 1 - 127.02.24
Newcastle

Newcastle

Newcastle


Szmodics (79')
Gordon (71')

How to watch Blackburn vs Newcastle online & on TV, head to head and predictions


Match feed:
  • Match Ended
  • Goal !
  • Goal !
  • Goal !
  • Goal !
  • Goal !
  • Goal !
  • Goal !
  • 120'
    Yellow Card
    • Longstaff, Sean

    Sean Longstaff for Newcastle has been booked by Jarred Gillett and receives a first yellow card.

  • 118'
    Yellow Card
    • Ayari, Yasin Abbas

    Yasin Abbas Ayari (Blackburn) gets a yellow card.

  • 116'
    Substitution
    • Miley, Lewis
    • Anderson, Elliot

    The away team have replaced Lewis Miley with Elliot Anderson. This is the fifth substitution made today by Eddie Howe.

  • 110'
    Yellow Card
    • Chrisene, Benjamin
  • 103'
    Yellow Card
    • Lascelles, Jamaal

    Jamaal Lascelles (Newcastle) has received a yellow card from Jarred Gillett.

  • 91'
    Substitution
    • Trippier, Kieran
    • Livramento, Valentino

    Newcastle make their fourth substitution with Valentino Livramento replacing Kieran Trippier.

  • 79'
    Goal !
    • Szmodics, Sammie (Scorer)

    Sammie Szmodics gets an equalizer for Blackburn. The score is now 1-1.

  • 72'
    Substitution
    • McFadzean, Kyle
    • Koumetio, Billy

    Billy Koumetio is replacing Kyle McFadzean for the home team.

  • 71'
    Goal !
    • Gordon, Anthony (Scorer)
    • Almiron, Miguel (Assist)

    Miguel Almiron with an assist there.

  • 64'
    Substitution
    • Dolan, Tyrhys
    • Markanday, Dilan

    The home team replace Tyrhys Dolan with Dilan Markanday.

  • 64'
    Substitution
    • Moran, Andrew
    • Ayari, Yasin Abbas

    Blackburn make their third substitution with Yasin Abbas Ayari replacing Andrew Moran.

  • 64'
    Substitution
    • Buckley, John
    • Garrett, Jake
  • 62'
    Substitution
    • Isak, Alexander
    • Barnes, Harvey

    Harvey Barnes is replacing Alexander Isak for the away team.

  • 62'
    Substitution
    • Willock, Joseph
    • Miley, Lewis

    Lewis Miley is on a sub for Joseph Willock for Newcastle.

  • 62'
    Substitution
    • Murphy, Jacob
    • Almiron, Miguel
  • 46'
    Substitution
    • Gallagher, Sam
    • Sigurdsson, Arnor

    John Eustace (Blackburn) is making a first substitution, with Arnor Sigurdsson replacing Sam Gallagher.

  • 18'
    Yellow Card
    • Moran, Andrew
  • Match Started

Line-ups

Blackburn
(3-4-2-1)
(4-3-3)
Newcastle
1Pears5Hyam55McFadzean16Wharton2Brittain21Buckley24Moran45Chrisene8Szmodics10Dolan9Gallagher1Dubravka2Trippier6Lascelles5Schar33Burn36Longstaff39Guimaraes28Willock23Murphy14Isak10Gordon
Newcastle
(4-3-3)

Statistics

Ball possession
Blackburn39%
61% Newcastle
Shots
4Off goal69On goal6

3
Shots blocked
5
2
Corner kicks
14
2
Offsides
6
5
Saves
8
16
Fouls
8
3
Yellow cards
2
0
Red cards
0

Blackburn vs Newcastle Betting tips

The most common result of matches between Blackburn Rovers and Newcastle United when Blackburn Rovers is playing at home is 1-0. 5 matches have ended with this result.
The most common result of matches between Blackburn Rovers and Newcastle United is 1-0. 9 matches have ended with this result.
During the last 19 meetings with Blackburn Rovers playing at home, Blackburn Rovers have won 9 times, there have been 7 draws while Newcastle United have won 3 times. The goal difference is 28-21 in favour of Blackburn Rovers.
During the last 39 meetings, Blackburn Rovers have won 16 times, there have been 12 draws while Newcastle United have won 11 times. The goal difference is 48-47 in favour of Blackburn Rovers.
Newcastle United haven't lost in their last 5 games.
Newcastle United have a winning streak of 4 matches away from home.
Newcastle United have scored at least one goal for 9 consecutive matches.
Blackburn Rovers wins 1st half in 26% of their matches, Newcastle United in 39% of their matches.
Blackburn Rovers wins 26% of halftimes, Newcastle United wins 39%.
The winner of their last meeting was Newcastle United.
On their last meeting Newcastle United won by 1 goals.
When Blackburn Rovers leads 1-0 at home, they win in 64% of their matches.
When Newcastle United leads 0-1 away, they win in 69% of their matches.
When Blackburn Rovers is down 0-1 home, they win 23% of their matches.
When Newcastle United is down 1-0 away, they win 23% of their matches.
Newcastle United's performance of the last 5 matches is better than Blackburn Rovers's.
In the last 5 meetings Blackburn Rovers won 2, Newcastle United won 2, 1 draws.
Newcastle United have lost just 0 of their last 3 FA Cup games against Blackburn Rovers.
Blackburn Rovers have won just 0 of their last 3 FA Cup games against Newcastle United.
Blackburn Rovers scores 1 goals in a match against Newcastle United and Newcastle United scores 1.2 goals against Blackburn Rovers (on average).
Average number of goals in meetings between Blackburn Rovers and Newcastle United is 2.2.
Average number of goals in the first half in meetings between Blackburn Rovers and Newcastle United is 1.
Blackburn Rovers scores 1.71 goals when playing at home and Newcastle United scores 1.81 goals when playing away (on average).
When Blackburn Rovers is down 0-1 home, they win 21% of their matches.
Blackburn Rovers scores 1.69 goals when playing at home and Newcastle United scores 1.81 goals when playing away (on average).
Blackburn Rovers haven't won in their last 4 games.
1/26

News

Head to head

Blackburn
Matches:2
Newcastle
0%
Wins: 0
50%
Draws: 1
50%
Wins: 1
Recent meetings
  1. Flag ENGFA Cup
    27 Feb 2024
    BlackburnBlackburn
    1 : 1
    NewcastleNewcastle
  2. Flag ENGEFL Cup
    15 Sep 2020
    NewcastleNewcastle
    1 : 0
    BlackburnBlackburn

Form

BlackburnBlackburn
  1. Flag ENGChampionship
    13 Apr 2024
    Leeds
    0 : 1
    Blackburn
  2. Flag ENGChampionship
    10 Apr 2024
    Bristol City
    5 : 0
    Blackburn
  3. Flag ENGChampionship
    6 Apr 2024
    Blackburn
    0 : 0
    Southampton
  4. Flag ENGChampionship
    1 Apr 2024
    Sunderland
    1 : 5
    Blackburn
  5. Flag ENGChampionship
    29 Mar 2024
    Blackburn
    0 : 1
    Ipswich
NewcastleNewcastle
  1. Flag ENGPremier League
    13 Apr 2024
    Newcastle
    4 : 0
    Tottenham
  2. Flag ENGPremier League
    6 Apr 2024
    Fulham
    0 : 1
    Newcastle
  3. Flag ENGPremier League
    2 Apr 2024
    Newcastle
    1 : 1
    Everton
  4. Flag ENGPremier League
    30 Mar 2024
    Newcastle
    4 : 3
    West Ham
  5. Flag ENGFA Cup
    16 Mar 2024
    Man City
    2 : 0
    Newcastle

Match information

The upcoming football match features the home team, Blackburn Rovers, facing off against the away team, Newcastle United, in an FA Cup fixture. The match is scheduled to start on Tuesday, 27 February 2024, at 19:45 UTC.

Regarding their last encounter, the two teams met on 15 September 2020, in an EFL Cup match where Newcastle United emerged victorious with a scoreline of 1-0. So far, they have met each other only once, with Newcastle United holding one win in their head-to-head statistics, and Blackburn Rovers yet to secure a victory. Furthermore, it's notable that the only win for Newcastle United came at home, and Blackburn Rovers have not yet had a chance to triumph either at home or as guests.

As for the match's transmissions, viewers in the United Kingdom can watch the game live through multiple channels, including BBC iPlayer, BBC One, and BBC Sport Web. Betting enthusiasts from the UK can also stream the match on bet365, a bookmaker platform. Meanwhile, fans in the United States can tune in to ESPN+ for live coverage.

Looking at the predictions, the chances for the match outcomes have been estimated with Blackburn Rovers having a 34.46% chance of winning, a draw at 22.75%, and Newcastle United leading with a 42.78% chance to take the win. Betting odds from bet365 reflect these expectations with Blackburn Rovers set at 5.25, a draw at 5, and Newcastle United as the favorite at 1.53.