1. Football today
  2. EFL Cup
  3. Chelsea vs Liverpool
Chelsea

Chelsea

Chelsea

After extra time
01
25.02.24 10:02
Liverpool

Liverpool

Liverpool


Van Dijk (118')

How to watch Chelsea vs Liverpool online & on TV, head to head and predictions


Match feed:
  • Match Ended
  • 120'
    Yellow Card
    • Gomez, Joe

    Liverpool's Joe Gomez has been booked in London.

  • 120'
    Yellow Card
    • Palmer, Cole

    Cole Palmer (Chelsea) has received a first yellow card.

  • 118'
    Goal !
    • Van Dijk, Virgil (Scorer)
    • Tsimikas, Kostas (Assist)

    Goal! Liverpool have taken a 0-1 lead courtesy of a header from Virgil Van Dijk.

    That's a fine assist from Kostas Tsimikas.

  • 113'
    Substitution
    • Chilwell, Ben
    • Chalobah, Trevoh

    Trevoh Chalobah is replacing Ben Chilwell for Chelsea at Wembley Stadium.

  • 108'
    Yellow Card
    • McConnell, James

    Liverpool's James McConnell has been booked in London.

  • 106'
    Substitution
    • Konate, Ibrahima
    • Quansah, Jarell

    Jurgen Klopp is making the team's sixth substitution at Wembley Stadium with Jarell Quansah replacing Ibrahima Konate.

  • 96'
    Substitution
    • Gallagher, Conor
    • Madueke, Noni

    Noni Madueke is replacing Conor Gallagher for Chelsea at Wembley Stadium.

  • 90'
    Substitution
    • Jackson, Nicolas
    • Mudryk, Mykhailo

    Mykhailo Mudryk is on a sub for Nicolas Jackson for Chelsea.

  • 87'
    Substitution
    • Gakpo, Cody
    • Danns, Jayden

    Liverpool make their fifth substitution with Jayden Danns replacing Cody Gakpo.

  • 87'
    Substitution
    • Robertson, Andy
    • Tsimikas, Kostas

    Liverpool make their fourth substitution with Kostas Tsimikas replacing Andy Robertson.

  • 87'
    Substitution
    • Mac Allister, Alexis
    • McConnell, James

    James McConnell is on a sub for Alexis Mac Allister for Liverpool.

  • 82'
    Yellow Card
    • Konate, Ibrahima

    Ibrahima Konate (Liverpool) has received a yellow card from Christopher Kavanagh.

  • 81'
    Yellow Card
    • Mac Allister, Alexis

    Alexis Mac Allister for Liverpool has been booked by Christopher Kavanagh and receives a first yellow card.

  • 72'
    Substitution
    • Bradley, Conor
    • Clark, Bobby

    Jurgen Klopp is making the team's second substitution at Wembley Stadium with Bobby Clark replacing Conor Bradley.

  • 67'
    Substitution
    • Sterling, Raheem
    • Nkunku, Christopher

    Mauricio Pochettino (Chelsea) is making a first substitution, with Christopher Nkunku replacing Raheem Sterling.

  • 45'
    Yellow Card
    • Bradley, Conor

    Conor Bradley (Liverpool) has been booked and must now be careful not to get a second yellow card.

  • 45'
    Yellow Card
    • Chilwell, Ben

    Ben Chilwell (Chelsea) gets a yellow card.

  • 28'
    Substitution
    • Gravenberch, Ryan
    • Gomez, Joe

    Jurgen Klopp (Liverpool) is making a first change, with Joe Gomez replacing the possibly injured Ryan Gravenberch.

  • Match Started

Line-ups

Chelsea
(4-2-3-1)
(4-3-3)
Liverpool
28Petrovic27Gusto2Disasi26Colwill21Chilwell25Caicedo8Fernandez20Palmer23Gallagher7Sterling15Jackson62Kelleher84Bradley5Konate4Van Dijk26Robertson10Mac Allister3Endo38Gravenberch19Elliott18Gakpo7Diaz
Liverpool
(4-3-3)

Statistics

Ball possession
Chelsea46%
54% Liverpool
Shots
6Off goal56On goal11

2
Shots blocked
6
6
Corner kicks
5
2
Offsides
2
10
Saves
6
14
Fouls
18
2
Yellow cards
5
0
Red cards
0

Chelsea vs Liverpool Betting tips

The most common result of matches between Chelsea FC and Liverpool FC is 1-1. 15 matches have ended with this result.
During the last 40 meetings with Chelsea FC playing at home, Chelsea FC have won 17 times, there have been 14 draws while Liverpool FC have won 9 times. The goal difference is 50-33 in favour of Chelsea FC.
During the last 86 meetings, Chelsea FC have won 28 times, there have been 30 draws while Liverpool FC have won 28 times. The goal difference is 99-98 in favour of Liverpool FC.
Chelsea FC have conceded a goal in each of their last 5 matches.
Chelsea FC have scored at least one goal for 5 consecutive matches.
Liverpool FC have conceded a goal in each of their last 6 matches.
Liverpool FC have scored at least one goal for 13 consecutive matches.
Chelsea FC wins 1st half in 24% of their matches, Liverpool FC in 41% of their matches.
Chelsea FC wins 24% of halftimes, Liverpool FC wins 41%.
The winner of their last meeting was Liverpool FC.
On their last meeting Liverpool FC won by 3 goals.
When Chelsea FC leads 1-0 at home, they win in 72% of their matches.
When Liverpool FC leads 0-1 away, they win in 60% of their matches.
When Chelsea FC is down 0-1 home, they win 21% of their matches.
When Liverpool FC is down 1-0 away, they win 35% of their matches.
In EFL Cup, Liverpool FC has better performance than Chelsea FC.
Liverpool FC's performance of the last 5 matches is better than Chelsea FC's.
Liverpool FC have lost just 0 of their last 5 games against Chelsea FC (in all competitions).
In the last 5 meetings Chelsea FC won 0, Liverpool FC won 2, 3 draws.
Chelsea FC scores 0.4 goals in a match against Liverpool FC and Liverpool FC scores 1 goals against Chelsea FC (on average).
Average number of goals in meetings between Chelsea FC and Liverpool FC is 1.4.
Average number of goals in the first half in meetings between Chelsea FC and Liverpool FC is 0.8.
Chelsea FC scores 1.71 goals when playing at home and Liverpool FC scores 2.06 goals when playing away (on average).
If Cody Gakpo scores against Chelsea FC it will be his 5th goal for Liverpool FC this season.
1/24

News

Head to head

Chelsea
Matches:15
Liverpool
13%
Wins: 2
53%
Draws: 8
33%
Wins: 5
Recent meetings
  1. Flag ENGEFL Cup
    25 Feb 2024
    ChelseaChelsea
    0 : 1
    LiverpoolLiverpool
  2. Flag ENGPremier League
    31 Jan 2024
    LiverpoolLiverpool
    4 : 1
    ChelseaChelsea
  3. Flag ENGPremier League
    13 Aug 2023
    ChelseaChelsea
    1 : 1
    LiverpoolLiverpool
  4. Flag ENGPremier League
    4 Apr 2023
    ChelseaChelsea
    0 : 0
    LiverpoolLiverpool
  5. Flag ENGPremier League
    21 Jan 2023
    LiverpoolLiverpool
    0 : 0
    ChelseaChelsea

Form

ChelseaChelsea
  1. Flag ENGPremier League
    15 Apr 2024
    Chelsea
    6 : 0
    Everton
  2. Flag ENGPremier League
    7 Apr 2024
    Sheff Utd
    2 : 2
    Chelsea
  3. Flag ENGPremier League
    4 Apr 2024
    Chelsea
    4 : 3
    Man Utd
  4. Flag ENGPremier League
    30 Mar 2024
    Chelsea
    2 : 2
    Burnley
  5. Flag ENGFA Cup
    17 Mar 2024
    Chelsea
    4 : 2
    Leicester
LiverpoolLiverpool
  1. Flag ENGPremier League
    14 Apr 2024
    Liverpool
    0 : 1
    Crystal Palace
  2. Flag nullUEFA Europa League
    11 Apr 2024
    Liverpool
    0 : 3
    Atalanta
  3. Flag ENGPremier League
    7 Apr 2024
    Man Utd
    2 : 2
    Liverpool
  4. Flag ENGPremier League
    4 Apr 2024
    Liverpool
    3 : 1
    Sheff Utd
  5. Flag ENGPremier League
    31 Mar 2024
    Liverpool
    2 : 1
    Brighton

Match information

Chelsea FC is scheduled to face Liverpool FC in an upcoming EFL Cup match. The game is set to take place on Sunday, 25 February 2024, at 15:00 UTC. The venue for this encounter is Wembley Stadium.

In their last meeting, which occurred on 31 January 2024 in the Premier League, Liverpool FC came out on top with a decisive 4-1 victory over Chelsea FC. Historically, after 14 meetings, Liverpool leads the head-to-head stats with 4 wins compared to Chelsea's 2, and there have been 8 draws. Specifically, Chelsea FC has won once at home and once as a guest, while Liverpool FC has achieved 2 wins at home and 2 wins as a guest.

When it comes to watching the match, fans in the United Kingdom can stream the game on bet365 (which is categorized as a bookmaker), NOW, and SKY GO, or watch it on television via Sky Sports Football and Sky Sports Main Event. In the United States, the match will be available on ESPN+, which is a television channel.

As for the predictions and betting odds provided by bet365 as of the knowledge cutoff date, the home team Chelsea FC has a win chance of 42.35%, with the odds set at 3.25. A draw has a probability of 23.45% with corresponding odds of 3.6. Liverpool FC has been given a 34.2% chance of emerging victorious, with their odds to win at 2.1.