1. Football today
  2. Championship
  3. Norwich vs Sunderland

Sargent (81')

How to watch Norwich vs Sunderland online & on TV, head to head and predictions


Match feed:
  • Match Ended
  • 90'
    Yellow Card
    • Seelt, Jenson

    Jenson Seelt for Sunderland has been booked by Thomas Kirk and receives a first yellow card.

  • 90'
    Yellow Card
    • Lungi Sorensen, Jakob

    At Carrow Road, Jakob Lungi Sorensen has been yellow-carded for the home team.

  • 89'
    Substitution
    • Sargent, Josh
    • McCallum, Sam

    Sam McCallum is on a sub for Josh Sargent for Norwich.

  • 89'
    Substitution
    • Sainz, Borja
    • Lungi Sorensen, Jakob

    Norwich make their third substitution with Jakob Lungi Sorensen replacing Borja Sainz.

  • 86'
    Substitution
    • Bellingham, Jobe
    • Burstow, Mason

    The away team replace Jobe Bellingham with Mason Burstow.

  • 81'
    Goal !
    • Sargent, Josh (Scorer)
    • Gibson, Ben (Assist)

    Goal! The home team take a 1-0 lead through Josh Sargent.

    Great play from Ben Gibson to set up the goal.

  • 76'
    Yellow Card
    • Giannoulis, Dimitris

    Dimitris Giannoulis (Norwich) has received a first yellow card.

  • 74'
    Substitution
    • Fassnacht, Christian
    • Gibbs, Liam

    Liam Gibbs is replacing Christian Fassnacht for Norwich at Carrow Road.

  • 74'
    Substitution
    • Styles, Callum
    • Rigg, Chris

    Anthony Hayes is making the team's third substitution at Carrow Road with Chris Rigg replacing Callum Styles.

  • 67'
    Substitution
    • Mundle, Romaine
    • Ba, Abdoullah

    The away team have replaced Romaine Mundle with Abdoullah Ba. This is the second substitution made today by Anthony Hayes.

  • 66'
    Substitution
    • Semedo, Luis
    • Rusyn, Nazary

    Nazary Rusyn is replacing Luis Semedo for the away team.

  • 61'
    Substitution
    • Barnes, Ashley
    • Van Hooijdonk, Sydney

    David Wagner (Norwich) is making a first substitution, with Sydney Van Hooijdonk replacing Ashley Barnes.

  • 59'
    Yellow Card
    • Ekwah, Pierre

    Pierre Ekwah (Sunderland) has received a yellow card from Thomas Kirk.

  • 44'
    Yellow Card
    • Hume, Trai

    Trai Hume (Sunderland) gets a yellow card.

  • Match Started

Line-ups

Norwich
(4-2-3-1)
(3-4-3)
Sunderland
28Gunn3Stacey5Hanley6Gibson30Giannoulis17Gabriel23McLean16Fassnacht10Barnes7Sainz9Sargent1Patterson23Seelt13O'Nien33Hjelde32Hume39Ekwah24Neill28Styles7Bellingham9Semedo14Mundle
Sunderland
(3-4-3)

Statistics

Ball possession
Norwich53%
47% Sunderland
Shots
8Off goal74On goal3

5
Shots blocked
0
5
Corner kicks
2
5
Offsides
3
3
Saves
3
14
Fouls
11
2
Yellow cards
3
0
Red cards
0

Norwich vs Sunderland Betting tips

The most common result of matches between Norwich City and Sunderland AFC when Norwich City is playing at home is 2-1. 3 matches have ended with this result.
The most common result of matches between Norwich City and Sunderland AFC is 1-0. 5 matches have ended with this result.
During the last 12 meetings with Norwich City playing at home, Norwich City have won 6 times, there have been 2 draws while Sunderland AFC have won 4 times. The goal difference is 16-14 in favour of Sunderland AFC.
During the last 24 meetings, Norwich City have won 10 times, there have been 5 draws while Sunderland AFC have won 9 times. The goal difference is 28-23 in favour of Sunderland AFC.
Norwich City's last home win against Sunderland AFC was in 2014.
Last season's matches: 0-1 (Norwich City at home) and 0-1 (Sunderland AFC at home).
In Championship, Norwich City have 4 successive home wins.
Did you know that Norwich City scores 26% of their goals between the minutes 76-90?
Did you know that Sunderland AFC scores 24% of their goals between the minutes 31-45?
Norwich City haven't lost in their last 5 games.
Norwich City have won 4 home matches in a row.
Norwich City haven't lost in any of their last 10 home matches.
Sunderland AFC haven't won any of their last 5 away matches.
Norwich City haven't scored in 2 of their 17 home matches in Championship this season.
Sunderland AFC haven't scored in 6 of their 17 away matches in Championship this season.
Jon Rowe is Norwich City's top scorer with 12 goals. Jack Clarke has scored 15 times for Sunderland AFC.
Gabriel Sara has assisted the most goals for Norwich City with 8. Jack Clarke is Sunderland AFC's biggest assister (5).
Norwich City have conceded a goal in each of their last 7 matches.
Norwich City have scored at least one goal for 6 consecutive matches.
Sunderland AFC have conceded a goal in each of their last 9 matches.
Norwich City wins 1st half in 28% of their matches, Sunderland AFC in 24% of their matches.
Norwich City wins 28% of halftimes, Sunderland AFC wins 24%.
The winner of their last meeting was Sunderland AFC.
On their last meeting Sunderland AFC won by 2 goals.
When Norwich City leads 1-0 at home, they win in 83% of their matches.
When Sunderland AFC leads 0-1 away, they win in 81% of their matches.
When Norwich City is down 0-1 home, they win 27% of their matches.
When Sunderland AFC is down 1-0 away, they win 26% of their matches.
In Championship, Norwich City has better performance than Sunderland AFC.
Norwich City's performance of the last 5 matches is better than Sunderland AFC's.
Sunderland AFC have lost just 1 of their last 5 games against Norwich City (in all competitions).
In the last 5 meetings Norwich City won 1, Sunderland AFC won 3, 1 draws.
Sunderland AFC have lost just 1 of their last 5 Championship games against Norwich City.
Norwich City have won just 1 of their last 5 Championship games against Sunderland AFC.
Norwich City scores 0.8 goals in a match against Sunderland AFC and Sunderland AFC scores 1.6 goals against Norwich City (on average).
Average number of goals in meetings between Norwich City and Sunderland AFC is 2.4.
Average number of goals in the first half in meetings between Norwich City and Sunderland AFC is 1.
Norwich City scores 1.44 goals when playing at home and Sunderland AFC scores 1.48 goals when playing away (on average).
Both teams haven't won their last match in Championship.
Sunderland AFC have a losing streak of 3 matches in Championship.
Sunderland AFC have lost 3 matches in a row.
Did you know that Norwich City scores 25% of their goals between the minutes 76-90?
Did you know that Sunderland AFC scores 26% of their goals between the minutes 76-90?
If Ashley Barnes scores against Sunderland AFC it will be his 5th goal for Norwich City this season.
The most common end-result when Norwich City leads 1-0 at home this season is 2-0.
1/45

News

Head to head

Norwich
Matches:4
Sunderland
50%
Wins: 2
0%
Draws: 0
50%
Wins: 2
Recent meetings
  1. Flag ENGChampionship
    2 Mar 2024
    NorwichNorwich
    1 : 0
    SunderlandSunderland
  2. Flag ENGChampionship
    28 Oct 2023
    SunderlandSunderland
    3 : 1
    NorwichNorwich
  3. Flag ENGChampionship
    12 Mar 2023
    NorwichNorwich
    0 : 1
    SunderlandSunderland
  4. Flag ENGChampionship
    27 Aug 2022
    SunderlandSunderland
    0 : 1
    NorwichNorwich

Form

NorwichNorwich
  1. Flag ENGChampionship
    20 Apr 2024
    Norwich
    1 : 1
    Bristol City
  2. Flag ENGChampionship
    13 Apr 2024
    Preston
    0 : 1
    Norwich
  3. Flag ENGChampionship
    9 Apr 2024
    Sheff Wed
    2 : 2
    Norwich
  4. Flag ENGChampionship
    6 Apr 2024
    Norwich
    1 : 0
    Ipswich
  5. Flag ENGChampionship
    1 Apr 2024
    Leicester
    3 : 1
    Norwich
SunderlandSunderland
  1. Flag ENGChampionship
    20 Apr 2024
    Sunderland
    0 : 1
    Millwall
  2. Flag ENGChampionship
    13 Apr 2024
    West Brom
    0 : 1
    Sunderland
  3. Flag ENGChampionship
    9 Apr 2024
    Leeds
    0 : 0
    Sunderland
  4. Flag ENGChampionship
    6 Apr 2024
    Sunderland
    0 : 0
    Bristol City
  5. Flag ENGChampionship
    1 Apr 2024
    Sunderland
    1 : 5
    Blackburn

Norwich vs Sunderland Standings

PosTeamWDLMPts
5West Brom2012124472
6Norwich219144472
7Hull1812134366
...
12Bristol City1611174459
13Sunderland168204456
14Swansea1511184456

Match information

Norwich City is set to host Sunderland AFC in a Championship match at Carrow Road, with the game scheduled to kick off on Saturday, 2 March 2024, at 15:00 UTC. The match will see the home team, Norwich City, in the 7th position of the standings, while the away team, Sunderland AFC, is currently in the 10th position.

The last encounter between these two sides took place on 28 October 2023, where Sunderland AFC emerged victorious with a score of 3-1, at their home ground. In historical meetings, the teams have faced each other three times with Sunderland AFC holding a lead in the head-to-head stats with two wins compared to Norwich City's single victory, and no draws recorded. Notably, Norwich City has never won at home against Sunderland, with their only win coming as the away team. Conversely, Sunderland AFC has a win both at home and as the guest team.

There are no transmissions listed for the match at this time.

Statistical predictions for the game give Norwich City a 41.92% chance of winning, while a draw has a 24.66% chance of occurring. Sunderland AFC's chances to win are predicted at 33.42%. Betting odds from bet365 present Norwich City with odds of 2 to win, a draw at odds of 3.5, and a Sunderland AFC win at odds of 3.75.