1. Football today
  2. FA Cup
  3. Liverpool vs Southampton

Danns (88') Danns (73') Koumas (44')

How to watch Liverpool vs Southampton online & on TV, head to head and predictions


Match feed:
  • Match Ended
  • 90'
    Substitution
    • Gakpo, Cody
    • Gordon, Kaide

    The home team replace Cody Gakpo with Kaide Gordon.

  • 88'
    Goal !
    • Danns, Jayden (Scorer)

    Goal! Jayden Danns extends Liverpool's lead to 3-0.

  • 79'
    Yellow Card
    • Manning, Ryan
  • 78'
    Substitution
    • Elliott, Harvey
    • Nyoni, Trey

    Liverpool make their fourth substitution with Trey Nyoni replacing Harvey Elliott.

  • 75'
    Substitution
    • Walker-Peters, Kyle
    • Harwood-Bellis, Taylor

    Russell Martin (Southampton) is making a fifth substitution, with Taylor Harwood-Bellis replacing Kyle Walker-Peters.

  • 73'
    Goal !
    • Danns, Jayden (Scorer)
    • Elliott, Harvey (Assist)

    Harvey Elliott instrumental with a fine assist.

  • 69'
    Substitution
    • Rothwell, Joe
    • Smallbone, William

    William Smallbone is replacing Joe Rothwell for the away team.

  • 69'
    Substitution
    • Edozie, Samuel
    • Adams, Che
  • 62'
    Substitution
    • Koumas, Lewis
    • Danns, Jayden

    Jayden Danns is on a sub for Lewis Koumas for Liverpool.

  • 62'
    Substitution
    • McConnell, James
    • Mac Allister, Alexis

    Jurgen Klopp (Liverpool) is making a second substitution, with Alexis Mac Allister replacing James McConnell.

  • 58'
    Substitution
    • Bree, James
    • Walker-Peters, Kyle
  • 58'
    Substitution
    • Sulemana, Kamaldeen
    • Armstrong, Adam

    The away team have replaced Kamaldeen Sulemana with Adam Armstrong. This is the first substitution made today by Russell Martin.

  • 46'
    Substitution
    • Van Dijk, Virgil
    • Konate, Ibrahima
  • 44'
    Goal !
    • Koumas, Lewis (Scorer)
    • Clark, Bobby (Assist)

    That's a fine assist from Bobby Clark.

  • Match Started

Line-ups

Liverpool
(4-3-3)
(4-3-3)
Southampton
62Kelleher2Gomez78Quansah4Van Dijk21Tsimikas84Bradley42Clark53McConnell19Elliott18Gakpo67Koumas13Lumley14Bree5Stephens35Bednarek3Manning7Aribo19Rothwell24Charles23Edozie18Mara20Sulemana
Southampton
(4-3-3)

Statistics

Ball possession
Liverpool54%
46% Southampton
Shots
7Off goal46On goal4

2
Shots blocked
1
7
Corner kicks
8
1
Offsides
3
4
Saves
2
6
Fouls
3
0
Yellow cards
1
0
Red cards
0

Liverpool vs Southampton Betting tips

The most common result of matches between Liverpool FC and Southampton FC is 2-1. 6 matches have ended with this result.
During the last 25 meetings with Liverpool FC playing at home, Liverpool FC have won 16 times, there have been 5 draws while Southampton FC have won 4 times. The goal difference is 53-19 in favour of Liverpool FC.
During the last 50 meetings, Liverpool FC have won 28 times, there have been 10 draws while Southampton FC have won 12 times. The goal difference is 96-52 in favour of Liverpool FC.
Southampton FC's last away win against Liverpool FC was in 2017.
Liverpool FC have won 5 home matches in a row.
Liverpool FC haven't lost in any of their last 27 home matches.
When playing at home, Liverpool FC have not lost to Southampton FC in their last 7 encounters.
Liverpool FC have conceded a goal in each of their last 6 matches.
Liverpool FC have scored at least one goal for 13 consecutive matches.
Southampton FC have scored at least one goal for 29 consecutive matches.
Liverpool FC wins 1st half in 42% of their matches, Southampton FC in 36% of their matches.
Liverpool FC wins 42% of halftimes, Southampton FC wins 36%.
Their last meeting was a draw. (4-4)
When Liverpool FC leads 1-0 at home, they win in 100% of their matches.
When Southampton FC leads 0-1 away, they win in 58% of their matches.
When Liverpool FC is down 0-1 home, they win 50% of their matches.
When Southampton FC is down 1-0 away, they win 0% of their matches.
Liverpool FC's performance of the last 5 matches is better than Southampton FC's.
Liverpool FC have lost just 0 of their last 5 games against Southampton FC (in all competitions).
In the last 5 meetings Liverpool FC won 4, Southampton FC won 0, 1 draws.
Liverpool FC scores 3 goals in a match against Southampton FC and Southampton FC scores 1.2 goals against Liverpool FC (on average).
Average number of goals in meetings between Liverpool FC and Southampton FC is 4.2.
Average number of goals in the first half in meetings between Liverpool FC and Southampton FC is 2.8.
Liverpool FC scores 3 goals when playing at home and Southampton FC scores 1.44 goals when playing away (on average).
Liverpool FC have won 6 home matches in a row.
Liverpool FC haven't lost in any of their last 28 home matches.
Liverpool FC have conceded a goal in each of their last 7 matches.
Liverpool FC have scored at least one goal for 14 consecutive matches.
Southampton FC have scored at least one goal for 30 consecutive matches.
Liverpool FC wins 1st half in 41% of their matches, Southampton FC in 36% of their matches.
Liverpool FC wins 41% of halftimes, Southampton FC wins 36%.
When Liverpool FC is down 0-1 home, they win 57% of their matches.
Liverpool FC scores 3.03 goals when playing at home and Southampton FC scores 1.44 goals when playing away (on average).
Liverpool FC have a winning streak of 3 matches.
Liverpool FC have scored at least one goal for 15 consecutive matches.
Liverpool FC wins 1st half in 40% of their matches, Southampton FC in 36% of their matches.
Liverpool FC wins 40% of halftimes, Southampton FC wins 36%.
Liverpool FC have a winning streak of 4 matches.
1/38

News

Head to head

Liverpool
Matches:9
Southampton
78%
Wins: 7
11%
Draws: 1
11%
Wins: 1
Recent meetings
  1. Flag ENGFA Cup
    28 Feb 2024
    LiverpoolLiverpool
    3 : 0
    SouthamptonSouthampton
  2. Flag ENGPremier League
    28 May 2023
    SouthamptonSouthampton
    4 : 4
    LiverpoolLiverpool
  3. Flag ENGPremier League
    12 Nov 2022
    LiverpoolLiverpool
    3 : 1
    SouthamptonSouthampton
  4. Flag ENGPremier League
    17 May 2022
    SouthamptonSouthampton
    1 : 2
    LiverpoolLiverpool
  5. Flag ENGPremier League
    27 Nov 2021
    LiverpoolLiverpool
    4 : 0
    SouthamptonSouthampton

Form

LiverpoolLiverpool
  1. Flag ENGPremier League
    21 Apr 2024
    Fulham
    1 : 3
    Liverpool
  2. Flag nullUEFA Europa League
    18 Apr 2024
    Atalanta
    0 : 1
    Liverpool
  3. Flag ENGPremier League
    14 Apr 2024
    Liverpool
    0 : 1
    Crystal Palace
  4. Flag nullUEFA Europa League
    11 Apr 2024
    Liverpool
    0 : 3
    Atalanta
  5. Flag ENGPremier League
    7 Apr 2024
    Man Utd
    2 : 2
    Liverpool
SouthamptonSouthampton
  1. Flag ENGChampionship
    20 Apr 2024
    Cardiff
    2 : 1
    Southampton
  2. Flag ENGChampionship
    16 Apr 2024
    Southampton
    3 : 0
    Preston
  3. Flag ENGChampionship
    13 Apr 2024
    Southampton
    3 : 2
    Watford
  4. Flag ENGChampionship
    9 Apr 2024
    Southampton
    2 : 1
    Coventry
  5. Flag ENGChampionship
    6 Apr 2024
    Blackburn
    0 : 0
    Southampton

Match information

Liverpool FC is scheduled to play Southampton FC in an FA Cup match on Wednesday, 28 February 2024, at 20:00 UTC. This game will take place following their last encounter on 28 May 2023, in the Premier League, which ended in a high-scoring 4-4 draw.

The two teams have faced each other 8 times previously, with Liverpool FC leading with 6 wins, while Southampton FC has won once, accompanied by a single draw. When focusing on Liverpool FC's performance, it can be noted that of their 6 victories, 4 were secured at home and 2 as the guest team. On the other hand, Southampton FC's only win against Liverpool came in a home game, with no victories as the guest team.

Regarding streaming and television coverage, the match will be available to watch through various channels. In the United Kingdom, bet365 will provide a stream for those who prefer bookmaker platforms, while ITV 1 and STV Scotland will broadcast the match on TV. ITVX offers another streaming option within the UK. For viewers in the United States, the match can be watched on ESPN+.

Betting predictions favor a Liverpool FC win, with a 55.21% predicted chance of victory, while the possibility of a draw is estimated at 20.6%, and Southampton FC has been given a 24.18% chance of coming away with a win. Furthermore, bet365 has set the odds at 1.45 for a Liverpool win, 4.5 for a draw, and 6.5 for a Southampton win.