1. Football today
  2. Championship
  3. Rotherham vs Sheff Wed

Ugbo (66')

How to watch Rotherham vs Sheff Wed online & on TV, head to head and predictions


Match feed:
  • Match Ended
  • 90'
    Substitution
    • Ugbo, Ike
    • Wilks, Mallik

    Danny Rohl is making the team's fifth substitution at AESSEAL New York Stadium with Mallik Wilks replacing Ike Ugbo.

  • 88'
    Yellow Card
    • Smith, Michael

    Michael Smith (Sheffield Wed) gets a yellow card.

  • 81'
    Substitution
    • Clucas, Sam
    • Appiah, Arvin

    Rotherham make their fifth substitution with Arvin Appiah replacing Sam Clucas.

  • 80'
    Substitution
    • Musaba, Anthony
    • Diaby, Bambo Diaby

    Bambo Diaby Diaby (Sheffield Wed) has replaced the possibly injured Anthony Musaba.

  • 67'
    Substitution
    • Nombe, Sam
    • Wyke, Charlie

    Leam Nathan Richardson (Rotherham) is making a fourth substitution, with Charlie Wyke replacing Sam Nombe.

  • 66'
    Substitution
    • Ferguson, Shane
    • Cafu

    Cafu is replacing Shane Ferguson for Rotherham at AESSEAL New York Stadium.

  • 66'
    Substitution
    • Eaves, Tom
    • Hugill, Jordan

    Jordan Hugill is replacing Tom Eaves for the home team.

  • 66'
    Goal !
    • Ugbo, Ike (Scorer)
    • Iorfa, Dominic (Assist)

    Ike Ugbo scores to make it 0-1 at AESSEAL New York Stadium.

    Dominic Iorfa with an assist there.

  • 63'
    Substitution
    • Poveda, Ian
    • Gassama, Djeidi

    Djeidi Gassama is on a sub for Ian Poveda for Sheffield Wed.

  • 63'
    Substitution
    • Valentín, Pol
    • Iorfa, Dominic

    Danny Rohl is making the team's second substitution at AESSEAL New York Stadium with Dominic Iorfa replacing Pol Valentín.

  • 63'
    Substitution
    • Vaulks, Will
    • Smith, Michael

    Danny Rohl (Sheffield Wed) is making a first substitution, with Michael Smith replacing Will Vaulks.

  • 55'
    Yellow Card
    • Ugbo, Ike

    Ike Ugbo (Sheffield Wed) has been booked and must now be careful not to get a second yellow card.

  • 53'
    Substitution
    • Peltier, Lee
    • Lindsay, Jamie

    The home team have replaced Lee Peltier with Jamie Lindsay. This is the first substitution made today by Leam Nathan Richardson.

  • 35'
    Yellow Card
    • Odofin, Hakeem

    Hakeem Odofin (Rotherham) has received a yellow card from David Webb.

  • Match Started

    The first-half is just kicking off.

Line-ups

Rotherham
(3-1-4-2)
(5-4-1)
Sheff Wed
1Johansson21Peltier22Odofin24Humphreys27Tiehi40Kioso12Rinomhota8Clucas17Ferguson9Eaves29Nombe26Beadle14Valentín2Palmer20Ihiekwe23Famewo18Johnson36Poveda10Bannan4Vaulks45Musaba12Ugbo
Sheff Wed
(5-4-1)

Statistics

Ball possession
Rotherham49%
51% Sheff Wed
Shots
3Off goal60On goal3

1
Shots blocked
4
2
Corner kicks
10
3
Offsides
1
2
Saves
0
15
Fouls
12
1
Yellow cards
2
0
Red cards
0

Rotherham vs Sheff Wed Betting tips

The most common result of matches between Rotherham United and Sheffield Wednesday when Rotherham United is playing at home is 0-2. 3 matches have ended with this result.
During the last 12 meetings with Rotherham United playing at home, Rotherham United have won 2 times, there have been 2 draws while Sheffield Wednesday have won 8 times. The goal difference is 21-13 in favour of Sheffield Wednesday.
During the last 22 meetings, Rotherham United have won 7 times, there have been 5 draws while Sheffield Wednesday have won 10 times. The goal difference is 30-25 in favour of Sheffield Wednesday.
Rotherham United have a losing streak of 6 matches in Championship.
Did you know that Rotherham United scores 28% of their goals between the minutes 46-60?
Did you know that Sheffield Wednesday scores 31% of their goals between the minutes 76-90?
Rotherham United have lost 6 matches in a row.
Rotherham United haven't won in their last 11 games.
Rotherham United have a losing streak of 4 matches at home.
Rotherham United have played 5 home matches in a row without winning.
Rotherham United have received 4 red cards this season. This is the highest number in Championship.
Rotherham United haven't scored in 4 of their 17 home matches in Championship this season.
Sheffield Wednesday haven't scored in 10 of their 17 away matches in Championship this season.
Oliver Rathbone has more yellow cards (6) than any other player at Rotherham United. Barry Bannan has collected 9 for Sheffield Wednesday.
Rotherham United have conceded a goal in each of their last 11 matches.
Rotherham United wins 1st half in 12% of their matches, Sheffield Wednesday in 29% of their matches.
Rotherham United wins 12% of halftimes, Sheffield Wednesday wins 29%.
The winner of their last meeting was Sheffield Wednesday.
On their last meeting Sheffield Wednesday won by 2 goals.
When Rotherham United leads 1-0 at home, they win in 54% of their matches.
When Sheffield Wednesday leads 0-1 away, they win in 63% of their matches.
When Rotherham United is down 0-1 home, they win 12% of their matches.
When Sheffield Wednesday is down 1-0 away, they win 5% of their matches.
In Championship, Sheffield Wednesday has better performance than Rotherham United.
Sheffield Wednesday's performance of the last 5 matches is better than Rotherham United's.
In the last 5 meetings Rotherham United won 3, Sheffield Wednesday won 2, 0 draws.
Rotherham United have lost just 1 of their last 5 Championship games against Sheffield Wednesday.
Sheffield Wednesday have won just 1 of their last 5 Championship games against Rotherham United.
Rotherham United scores 1.4 goals in a match against Sheffield Wednesday and Sheffield Wednesday scores 1 goals against Rotherham United (on average).
Average number of goals in meetings between Rotherham United and Sheffield Wednesday is 2.4.
Average number of goals in the first half in meetings between Rotherham United and Sheffield Wednesday is 1.2.
Rotherham United scores 1.11 goals when playing at home and Sheffield Wednesday scores 0.84 goals when playing away (on average).
A year ago, Rotherham United were number 20 in the table with 37 points. Now they are number 24 with 19 points.
Did you know that Rotherham United scores 27% of their goals between the minutes 46-60?
Did you know that Sheffield Wednesday scores 29% of their goals between the minutes 31-45?
If Tom Eaves scores against Sheffield Wednesday it will be his 5th goal for Rotherham United this season.
The most common end-result when Sheffield Wednesday leads 1-0 away this season is 2-1.
This was Ike Ugbo's 10th goal for the season.
1/38

News

Head to head

Rotherham
Matches:7
Sheff Wed
43%
Wins: 3
0%
Draws: 0
57%
Wins: 4
Recent meetings
  1. Flag ENGChampionship
    2 Mar 2024
    RotherhamRotherham
    0 : 1
    Sheff WedSheff Wed
  2. Flag ENGChampionship
    29 Oct 2023
    Sheff WedSheff Wed
    2 : 0
    RotherhamRotherham
  3. Flag ENGLeague One
    13 Feb 2022
    Sheff WedSheff Wed
    0 : 2
    RotherhamRotherham
  4. Flag ENGLeague One
    21 Aug 2021
    RotherhamRotherham
    0 : 2
    Sheff WedSheff Wed
  5. Flag ENGChampionship
    3 Mar 2021
    Sheff WedSheff Wed
    1 : 2
    RotherhamRotherham

Form

RotherhamRotherham
  1. Flag ENGChampionship
    13 Apr 2024
    Swansea
    1 : 0
    Rotherham
  2. Flag ENGChampionship
    10 Apr 2024
    West Brom
    2 : 0
    Rotherham
  3. Flag ENGChampionship
    5 Apr 2024
    Rotherham
    0 : 1
    Plymouth Argyle
  4. Flag ENGChampionship
    1 Apr 2024
    Rotherham
    2 : 1
    Millwall
  5. Flag ENGChampionship
    29 Mar 2024
    Preston
    3 : 0
    Rotherham
Sheff WedSheff Wed
  1. Flag ENGChampionship
    13 Apr 2024
    Sheff Wed
    1 : 1
    Stoke
  2. Flag ENGChampionship
    9 Apr 2024
    Sheff Wed
    2 : 2
    Norwich
  3. Flag ENGChampionship
    6 Apr 2024
    QPR
    0 : 2
    Sheff Wed
  4. Flag ENGChampionship
    1 Apr 2024
    Middlesbrough
    2 : 0
    Sheff Wed
  5. Flag ENGChampionship
    29 Mar 2024
    Sheff Wed
    1 : 1
    Swansea

Rotherham vs Sheff Wed Standings

PosTeamWDLMPts
22Huddersfield917174344
23Sheff Wed128234344
24Rotherham411284323

Match information

A Championship football match between Rotherham United and Sheffield Wednesday is scheduled to take place at the AESSEAL New York Stadium on Saturday, 2 March 2024, starting at 15:00 UTC. Rotherham United, the home team, is positioned at 24th in the league standings, while the away team, Sheffield Wednesday, is just above them at 23rd place.

The last encounter between the two teams occurred on 29 October 2023, where Sheffield Wednesday emerged victorious with a 2-0 scoreline. Historically, the teams have faced each other six times, with an evenly matched record of three wins each. Neither team has recorded any draws in their head-to-head history. When considering home and away stats, both teams have won once at home and twice as guests.

Although there is no information provided regarding where the upcoming match can be streamed or broadcast on television, betting odds are available. Current predictions estimate Rotherham United's chances of winning at 33.99%, while Sheffield Wednesday has a slightly higher chance at 38.98%. The probability of a draw is projected at 27.03%. According to bet365, the odds for Rotherham United stand at 3.4, a draw at 3.25, and a win for Sheffield Wednesday is set at 2.2.