1. Football today
  2. Championship
  3. Southampton vs Preston

Armstrong (33') Adams (29') Adams (19')

How to watch Southampton vs Preston online & on TV, head to head and predictions


Match feed:
  • Match Ended
  • 83'
    Substitution
    • Brooks, David
    • Sulemana, Kamaldeen

    Kamaldeen Sulemana is replacing David Brooks for the home team.

  • 79'
    Substitution
    • Osmajic, Milutin
    • Evans, Ched

    Ched Evans is on a sub for Milutin Osmajic for Preston.

  • 76'
    Substitution
    • Adams, Che
    • Edozie, Samuel

    Russell Martin is making the team's fourth substitution at St. Mary's Stadium with Samuel Edozie replacing Che Adams.

  • 71'
    Substitution
    • Whatmough, Jack
    • Ledson, Ryan

    Ryan Lowe (Preston) is making a fourth substitution, with Ryan Ledson replacing Jack Whatmough.

  • 70'
    Substitution
    • Mawene, Noah
    • Browne, Alan

    The away team replace Noah Mawene with Alan Browne.

  • 70'
    Substitution
    • Armstrong, Stuart
    • Rothwell, Joe

    Joe Rothwell is replacing Stuart Armstrong for Southampton at St. Mary's Stadium.

  • 70'
    Substitution
    • Aribo, Joe
    • Smallbone, William

    Southampton make their second substitution with William Smallbone replacing Joe Aribo.

  • 46'
    Substitution
    • Riis, Emil
    • Keane, Will

    Ryan Lowe (Preston) is making a second substitution, with Will Keane replacing Emil Riis.

  • 46'
    Substitution
    • Downes, Flynn
    • Charles, Shea

    Russell Martin is making the team's first substitution at St. Mary's Stadium with Shea Charles replacing Flynn Downes.

  • 39'
    Substitution
    • Holmes, Duane
    • Cunningham, Gregory

    The away team have replaced Duane Holmes with Gregory Cunningham. This is the first substitution made today by Ryan Lowe.

  • 33'
    Goal !
    • Armstrong, Stuart (Scorer)

    Goal! Stuart Armstrong extends Southampton's lead to 3-0.

  • 29'
    Goal !
    • Adams, Che (Scorer)
    • Brooks, David (Assist)

    Goal! Che Adams extends Southampton's lead to 2-0.

    That's a fine assist from David Brooks.

  • 23'
    Yellow Card
    • Holmes, Duane

    At St. Mary's Stadium, Duane Holmes has been yellow-carded for the away team.

  • 19'
    Goal !
    • Adams, Che (Scorer)
    • Armstrong, Adam (Assist)

    Goal! Che Adams gives Southampton a 1-0 lead in Southampton.

    Adam Armstrong instrumental with a fine assist.

  • 1'
    Yellow Card
    • Mawene, Noah

    Noah Mawene (Preston) has received a yellow card from Samuel Barrott.

  • Match Started

Line-ups

Southampton
(4-3-3)
(3-4-1-2)
Preston
31Bazunu2Walker-Peters21Harwood-Bellis35Bednarek3Manning17Armstrong4Downes7Aribo36Brooks10Adams9Armstrong1Woodman14Storey6Lindsay16Hughes25Holmes26Whatmough35Mawene11Brady10Frokjaer-Jensen28Osmajic19Riis
Preston
(3-4-1-2)

Statistics

Ball possession
Southampton76%
24% Preston
Shots
10Off goal06On goal2

7
Shots blocked
0
5
Corner kicks
0
2
Offsides
3
2
Saves
3
7
Fouls
12
0
Yellow cards
2
0
Red cards
0

Southampton vs Preston Betting tips

During the last 5 meetings with Southampton FC playing at home, Southampton FC have won 2 times, there have been 2 draws while Preston North End have won 1 times. The goal difference is 6-4 in favour of Southampton FC.
During the last 11 meetings, Southampton FC have won 4 times, there have been 4 draws while Preston North End have won 3 times. The goal difference is 18-17 in favour of Preston North End.
Did you know that Southampton FC scores 28% of their goals between the minutes 76-90?
Did you know that Preston North End scores 25% of their goals between the minutes 31-45?
Southampton FC haven't scored in 1 of their 20 home matches in Championship this season.
Preston North End haven't scored in 7 of their 20 away matches in Championship this season.
Adam Armstrong is Southampton FC's top scorer with 20 goals. Will Keane has scored 13 times for Preston North End.
Adam Armstrong has assisted the most goals for Southampton FC with 10. Mads Frokjaer-Jensen is Preston North End's biggest assister (6).
Jan Bednarek has more yellow cards (10) than any other player at Southampton FC. Ali McCann has collected 10 for Preston North End.
Southampton FC wins 1st half in 42% of their matches, Preston North End in 22% of their matches.
Southampton FC wins 42% of halftimes, Preston North End wins 22%.
Their last meeting was a draw. (2-2)
When Southampton FC leads 1-0 at home, they win in 87% of their matches.
When Preston North End leads 0-1 away, they win in 88% of their matches.
When Southampton FC is down 0-1 home, they win 8% of their matches.
When Preston North End is down 1-0 away, they win 0% of their matches.
Southampton FC have lost just 0 of their last 5 games against Preston North End (in all competitions).
In the last 5 meetings Southampton FC won 4, Preston North End won 0, 1 draws.
Southampton FC scores 2.6 goals in a match against Preston North End and Preston North End scores 1.4 goals against Southampton FC (on average).
Average number of goals in meetings between Southampton FC and Preston North End is 4.
Average number of goals in the first half in meetings between Southampton FC and Preston North End is 2.
Southampton FC scores 2.18 goals when playing at home and Preston North End scores 1.15 goals when playing away (on average).
In Championship, Preston North End has better performance than Southampton FC.
Preston North End's performance of the last 5 matches is better than Southampton FC's.
Did you know that Southampton FC scores 27% of their goals between the minutes 76-90?
Southampton FC haven't scored in 1 of their 21 home matches in Championship this season.
Adam Armstrong has assisted the most goals for Southampton FC with 11. Mads Frokjaer-Jensen is Preston North End's biggest assister (6).
Southampton FC wins 1st half in 43% of their matches, Preston North End in 21% of their matches.
Southampton FC wins 43% of halftimes, Preston North End wins 21%.
When Southampton FC leads 1-0 at home, they win in 88% of their matches.
Southampton FC scores 2.21 goals when playing at home and Preston North End scores 1.15 goals when playing away (on average).
In Championship, Southampton FC has better performance than Preston North End.
Southampton FC's performance of the last 5 matches is better than Preston North End's.
If Duane Holmes scores against Southampton FC it will be his 5th goal for Preston North End this season.
If Liam Lindsay receives a yellow card in today's match, he will be suspended after collecting 10 yellow cards so far this season.
The most common end-result when Southampton FC leads 1-0 at home this season is 2-1.
Southampton FC is undefeated this season when playing at home and taking the lead 1-0.
This was Che Adams's 15th goal for the season.
This was Stuart Armstrong's 5th goal for the season.
1/39

Southampton vs Preston Predictions

Bookmakers predict that Southampton FC has a high chance of winning against Preston North End, with odds reflecting a 69.11% probability of a home team victory, a draw at 18.45%, and Preston North End's chances of winning at 12.44%. The betting odds from bet365 are 1.36 for Southampton FC to win, 4.75 for a draw, and 8 for Preston North End to secure an away win.

Full-time result1x2
Probability69%18%12%
Odds1.335.259
Correct Score2-01-02-1
Probability12%11%10%
Odds7.59.59.5
Over/Under 2.5OverUnder
Probability58%42%
Odds1.52.62
BTTSYesNo
Probability50%50%
Odds1.81.91
Odds data provided by: Bet365

News

Head to head

Out of 1 meeting, Southampton FC and Preston North End have drawn once with a scoreline of 2-2. Both teams have not recorded any wins in their head-to-head encounters, whether playing at home or away.

Southampton
Matches:2
Preston
50%
Wins: 1
50%
Draws: 1
0%
Wins: 0
Recent meetings
  1. Flag ENGChampionship
    16 Apr 2024
    SouthamptonSouthampton
    3 : 0
    PrestonPreston
  2. Flag ENGChampionship
    25 Oct 2023
    PrestonPreston
    2 : 2
    SouthamptonSouthampton

Form

Southampton FC won 2 matches, drew 2, and lost 1 in their last 5 games. Preston North End won 2 matches, drew 1, and lost 2 in their last 5 games.

SouthamptonSouthampton
  1. Flag ENGChampionship
    20 Apr 2024
    Cardiff
    2 : 1
    Southampton
  2. Flag ENGChampionship
    16 Apr 2024
    Southampton
    3 : 0
    Preston
  3. Flag ENGChampionship
    13 Apr 2024
    Southampton
    3 : 2
    Watford
  4. Flag ENGChampionship
    9 Apr 2024
    Southampton
    2 : 1
    Coventry
  5. Flag ENGChampionship
    6 Apr 2024
    Blackburn
    0 : 0
    Southampton
PrestonPreston
  1. Flag ENGChampionship
    20 Apr 2024
    QPR
    1 : 0
    Preston
  2. Flag ENGChampionship
    16 Apr 2024
    Southampton
    3 : 0
    Preston
  3. Flag ENGChampionship
    13 Apr 2024
    Preston
    0 : 1
    Norwich
  4. Flag ENGChampionship
    9 Apr 2024
    Preston
    4 : 1
    Huddersfield
  5. Flag ENGChampionship
    6 Apr 2024
    Watford
    0 : 0
    Preston

Southampton vs Preston Standings

Southampton FC currently holds the 4th position in the standings, while Preston North End is positioned at 10th place.

PosTeamWDLMPts
3Ipswich261164389
4Southampton259104484
5West Brom2012124472
...
9Middlesbrough189174463
10Preston189174463
11Cardiff195204462

Match information

Southampton FC is set to face Preston North End in the Championship at St. Mary's Stadium on Tuesday, 16 April 2024, at 20:00 UTC, which is also the local time in Europe/London. The home team, Southampton, is currently 4th in the league standings, whereas Preston North End is 10th; the previous match between the two teams ended in a 2-2 draw on 25 October 2023, leaving their overall head-to-head record at 0 wins each, with 1 draw. As for transmissions, the match will be aired on the 'bet365' channel, a bookmaker service accessible in Great Britain, and predictions suggest a 69.11% chance for a home win, a 18.45% chance for a draw, and a 12.44% chance for an away win, with associated odds of 1.36 for Southampton FC, 4.75 for a draw, and 8 for Preston North End to win.