1. Soccer Streams
  2. Championship
  3. Huddersfield vs Sunderland

Pearson (37')

How to watch Huddersfield vs Sunderland online & on TV, head to head and predictions


Match feed:
  • Match Ended
  • 87'
    Yellow Card
    • Mundle, Romaine

    Romaine Mundle (Sunderland) gets a yellow card.

  • 81'
    Substitution
    • Neill, Dan
    • Burstow, Mason

    Michael Beale (Sunderland) is making a fourth substitution, with Mason Burstow replacing Dan Neill.

  • 80'
    Substitution
    • Spencer, Brodie
    • Jackson, Ben

    The home team have replaced Brodie Spencer with Ben Jackson. This is the fifth substitution made today by Jon Worthington.

  • 81'
    Substitution
    • Wiles, Ben
    • Burgzorg, Delano

    Jon Worthington (Huddersfield) is making a fourth substitution, with Delano Burgzorg replacing Ben Wiles.

  • 80'
    Yellow Card
    • Nicholls, Lee

    At John Smith's Stadium, Lee Nicholls has been yellow-carded for the home team.

  • 74'
    Substitution
    • Koroma, Josh
    • Ward, Danny

    Danny Ward is replacing Josh Koroma for Huddersfield at John Smith's Stadium.

  • 74'
    Substitution
    • Matos, Alex
    • Hogg, Jonathan

    The home team have replaced Alex Matos with Jonathan Hogg. This is the second substitution made today by Jon Worthington.

  • 72'
    Substitution
    • Rusyn, Nazary
    • Mundle, Romaine

    Sunderland make their third substitution with Romaine Mundle replacing Nazary Rusyn.

  • 68'
    Yellow Card
    • Matos, Alex

    Alex Matos (Huddersfield) has been booked and must now be careful not to get a second yellow card.

  • 61'
    Substitution
    • Hjelde, Leo Fuhr
    • Pembele, Timothee

    The away team replace Leo Fuhr Hjelde with Timothee Pembele.

  • 61'
    Substitution
    • Ba, Abdoullah
    • Roberts, Patrick

    Michael Beale is making the team's first substitution at John Smith's Stadium with Patrick Roberts replacing Abdoullah Ba.

  • 61'
    Substitution
    • Balker, Radinio
    • Nakayama, Yuta

    Yuta Nakayama is replacing Radinio Balker for the home team.

  • 50'
    Yellow Card
    • Ba, Abdoullah

    Abdoullah Ba for Sunderland has been booked by Gavin Ward and receives a first yellow card.

  • 37'
    Goal !
    • Pearson, Matty (Scorer)

    Goal! Matty Pearson gives Huddersfield a 1-0 lead.

  • 35'
    Yellow Card
    • O'Nien, Luke

    Luke O'Nien is booked for the away team.

  • Match Started

    The match is underway at John Smith's Stadium.

Line-ups

Huddersfield
(4-2-3-1)
(4-1-4-1)
Sunderland
1Nicholls4Pearson32Lees24Balker17Spencer18Kasumu21Matos14Thomas23Wiles8Rudoni10Koroma1Patterson32Hume5Ballard13O'Nien33Hjelde24Neill17Ba39Ekwah7Bellingham20Clarke15Rusyn
Sunderland
(4-1-4-1)

Statistics

Ball possession
Huddersfield52%
48% Sunderland
Shots
1Off goal25On goal2

2
Shots blocked
2
6
Corner kicks
10
3
Offsides
0
2
Saves
3
14
Fouls
13
2
Yellow cards
3
0
Red cards
0

Huddersfield vs Sunderland Betting tips

The most common result of matches between Huddersfield Town and Sunderland AFC is 1-1. 3 matches have ended with this result.
During the last 10 meetings, Huddersfield Town have won 2 times, there have been 3 draws while Sunderland AFC have won 5 times. The goal difference is 19-14 in favour of Sunderland AFC.
Last season's matches: 0-2 (Huddersfield Town at home) and 1-1 (Sunderland AFC at home).
Did you know that Huddersfield Town scores 27% of their goals between the minutes 61-75? This is the highest percentage in the league.
Did you know that Sunderland AFC scores 27% of their goals between the minutes 31-45?
Huddersfield Town haven't lost in their last 4 games.
Huddersfield Town haven't scored in 4 of their 15 home matches in Championship this season.
Sunderland AFC haven't scored in 5 of their 15 away matches in Championship this season.
Huddersfield Town's home record this season: 4-6-5.
Michal Helik is Huddersfield Town's top scorer with 8 goals. Jack Clarke has scored 13 times for Sunderland AFC.
Sorba Thomas has assisted the most goals for Huddersfield Town with 8. Jack Clarke is Sunderland AFC's biggest assister (5).
Sunderland AFC have conceded a goal in each of their last 5 matches.
Huddersfield Town wins 1st half in 18% of their matches, Sunderland AFC in 24% of their matches.
Huddersfield Town wins 18% of halftimes, Sunderland AFC wins 24%.
The winner of their last meeting was Huddersfield Town.
On their last meeting Huddersfield Town won by 1 goals.
When Huddersfield Town leads 1-0 at home, they win in 58% of their matches.
When Sunderland AFC leads 0-1 away, they win in 90% of their matches.
When Huddersfield Town is down 0-1 home, they win 18% of their matches.
When Sunderland AFC is down 1-0 away, they win 25% of their matches.
In Championship, Sunderland AFC has better performance than Huddersfield Town.
Huddersfield Town's performance of the last 5 matches is better than Sunderland AFC's.
In the last 5 meetings Huddersfield Town won 2, Sunderland AFC won 2, 1 draws.
Sunderland AFC have lost just 1 of their last 5 Championship games against Huddersfield Town.
Huddersfield Town have won just 1 of their last 5 Championship games against Sunderland AFC.
Huddersfield Town scores 1.4 goals in a match against Sunderland AFC and Sunderland AFC scores 1.6 goals against Huddersfield Town (on average).
Average number of goals in meetings between Huddersfield Town and Sunderland AFC is 3.
Average number of goals in the first half in meetings between Huddersfield Town and Sunderland AFC is 1.6.
Huddersfield Town scores 1.36 goals when playing at home and Sunderland AFC scores 1.57 goals when playing away (on average).
Did you know that Sunderland AFC scores 25% of their goals between the minutes 31-45?
Michal Helik is Huddersfield Town's top scorer with 8 goals. Jack Clarke has scored 14 times for Sunderland AFC.
Sunderland AFC have conceded a goal in each of their last 6 matches.
Huddersfield Town wins 1st half in 20% of their matches, Sunderland AFC in 24% of their matches.
Huddersfield Town wins 20% of halftimes, Sunderland AFC wins 24%.
Sunderland AFC's performance of the last 5 matches is better than Huddersfield Town's.
Huddersfield Town have scored at least one goal for 5 consecutive matches.
Did you know that Huddersfield Town scores 28% of their goals between the minutes 61-75? This is the highest percentage in the league.
Sorba Thomas has assisted the most goals for Huddersfield Town with 9. Jack Clarke is Sunderland AFC's biggest assister (5).
If Jack Clarke scores against Huddersfield Town it will be his 15th goal for Sunderland AFC this season.
The most common end-result when Huddersfield Town leads 1-0 at home this season is 1-1.
Huddersfield Town is undefeated this season when playing at home and taking the lead 1-0.
1/41

News

Form

HuddersfieldHuddersfield
  1. Flag ENGChampionship
    24 Feb 2024
    Watford
    1 : 2
    Huddersfield
  2. Flag ENGChampionship
    17 Feb 2024
    Huddersfield
    1 : 2
    Hull
  3. Flag ENGChampionship
    14 Feb 2024
    Huddersfield
    1 : 0
    Sunderland
  4. Flag ENGChampionship
    10 Feb 2024
    Southampton
    5 : 3
    Huddersfield
  5. Flag ENGChampionship
    3 Feb 2024
    Huddersfield
    4 : 0
    Sheff Wed
SunderlandSunderland
  1. Flag ENGChampionship
    24 Feb 2024
    Sunderland
    1 : 2
    Swansea
  2. Flag ENGChampionship
    17 Feb 2024
    Birmingham
    2 : 1
    Sunderland
  3. Flag ENGChampionship
    14 Feb 2024
    Huddersfield
    1 : 0
    Sunderland
  4. Flag ENGChampionship
    10 Feb 2024
    Sunderland
    3 : 1
    Plymouth Argyle
  5. Flag ENGChampionship
    4 Feb 2024
    Middlesbrough
    1 : 1
    Sunderland

Head to head

Huddersfield
Matches:4
Sunderland
50%
Wins: 2
25%
Draws: 1
25%
Wins: 1
Recent meetings
  1. Flag ENGChampionship
    14 Feb 2024
    HuddersfieldHuddersfield
    1 : 0
    SunderlandSunderland
  2. Flag ENGChampionship
    29 Nov 2023
    SunderlandSunderland
    1 : 2
    HuddersfieldHuddersfield
  3. Flag ENGChampionship
    18 Apr 2023
    SunderlandSunderland
    1 : 1
    HuddersfieldHuddersfield
  4. Flag ENGChampionship
    2 Nov 2022
    HuddersfieldHuddersfield
    0 : 2
    SunderlandSunderland

Championship Standings

PosTeamWDLMPts
9Coventry131293451
10Sunderland145153447
11Watford1111123444
...
18Birmingham108153338
19Huddersfield813133437
20Millwall99163436

Match information

Huddersfield Town is set to face off against Sunderland AFC in an upcoming Championship match. The game is scheduled for Wednesday, 14 February 2024, starting at 19:45 UTC. This fixture will be held at the John Smith's Stadium, the home ground of Huddersfield Town. Currently, in the standings, Huddersfield Town is positioned at 21st, whereas Sunderland AFC holds the 6th spot.

Looking back at their last encounter, Huddersfield Town emerged victorious over Sunderland AFC with a score of 2-1. The match was played on 29 November 2023 as part of the Championship competition. Overall, the two teams have met three times, with Huddersfield Town taking one win, Sunderland AFC also securing one win, and one match ending in a draw. Notably, Huddersfield Town has won once as a guest but has yet to win at home, whereas Sunderland AFC has recorded one win as a guest and none at home.

Fans interested in watching the game can access the match via different transmission channels. For those streaming, the match will be available on SKY GO in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Additionally, televiewers can watch the match on Sky Sports Red Button, a TV channel also accessible within the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

Expert predictions suggest that Huddersfield Town has a 26.43% chance of winning, the odds of a draw stand at 25.27%, and Sunderland AFC has a higher win chance at 48.3%. Betting enthusiasts can find odds at bet365 with Huddersfield Town at 3.6, a draw at 3.3, and Sunderland AFC favored at 2.1.