1. Football today
  2. LaLiga
  3. Girona vs Villarreal

Traore (59')

How to watch Girona vs Villarreal online & on TV, head to head and predictions


Match feed:
  • Match Ended
  • 90'
    Yellow Card
    • Terrats, Ramon

    At Estadi Montilivi, Ramon Terrats has been yellow-carded for the away team.

  • 90'
    Substitution
    • Baena, Alex
    • Trigueros, Manu

    Villarreal make their fifth substitution with Manu Trigueros replacing Alex Baena.

  • 83'
    Substitution
    • Tsygankov, Viktor
    • Villa, Toni

    Girona make their third substitution with Toni Villa replacing Viktor Tsygankov.

  • 81'
    Substitution
    • Comesana, Santi
    • Capoue, Etienne

    The away team have replaced Santi Comesana with Etienne Capoue. This is the fourth substitution made today by Marcelino.

  • 81'
    Substitution
    • Traore, Bertrand
    • Morales, Jose Luis

    Jose Luis Morales is on a sub for Bertrand Traore for Villarreal.

  • 75'
    Substitution
    • Gutierrez, Miguel
    • Valery

    Michel is making the team's second substitution at Estadi Montilivi with Valery replacing Miguel Gutierrez.

  • 75'
    Substitution
    • Herrera, Yangel
    • Portu

    Portu is replacing Yangel Herrera for Girona at Estadi Montilivi.

  • 66'
    Substitution
    • Cuenca, Jorge
    • Terrats, Ramon

    The away team replace Jorge Cuenca with Ramon Terrats.

  • 65'
    Substitution
    • Guedes, Goncalo
    • Akhomach, Ilias

    Ilias Akhomach is replacing Goncalo Guedes for the away team.

  • 59'
    Goal !
    • Traore, Bertrand (Scorer)

    Goal! Villarreal have got their heads in front thanks to a Bertrand Traore strike.

  • 56'
    Yellow Card
    • Traore, Bertrand

    Bertrand Traore is booked for the away team.

  • 43'
    Yellow Card
    • Baena, Alex

    Alex Baena (Villarreal) has received a first yellow card.

  • 41'
    Yellow Card
    • Femenia, Kiko

    Villarreal's Kiko Femenia has been booked in Girona.

  • 36'
    Yellow Card
    • Blind, Daley

    Daley Blind (Girona) gets a yellow card.

  • Match Started

Line-ups

Girona
(4-5-1)
(4-4-2)
Villarreal
13Gazzaniga25Garcia5Lopez17Blind3Gutierrez8Tsygankov23Martin14Garcia21Herrera16Savio9Dovbyk13Jorgensen17Femenia12Bailly2Mosquera5Cuenca25Traore10Parejo4Comesana16Baena9Guedes11Sorloth
Villarreal
(4-4-2)

Statistics

Ball possession
Girona67%
33% Villarreal
Shots
10Off goal65On goal3

2
Shots blocked
1
5
Corner kicks
1
1
Offsides
0
2
Saves
5
3
Fouls
14
1
Yellow cards
4
0
Red cards
0

Girona vs Villarreal Betting tips

The most common result of matches between Girona FC and Villarreal CF is 0-1. 3 matches have ended with this result.
During the last 7 meetings with Girona FC playing at home, Girona FC have won 2 times, there have been 0 draws while Villarreal CF have won 5 times. The goal difference is 10-6 in favour of Villarreal CF.
During the last 12 meetings, Girona FC have won 5 times, there have been 0 draws while Villarreal CF have won 7 times. The goal difference is 16-12 in favour of Villarreal CF.
Girona FC's last home win against Villarreal CF was in 2012.
Last season Villarreal CF won both games against Girona FC (1-0 at home and 2-1 away).
Girona FC have a winning streak of 3 matches in LaLiga.
In LaLiga, Girona FC have 5 successive home wins.
Did you know that Girona FC scores 23% of their goals between the minutes 76-90?
Did you know that Villarreal CF scores 21% of their goals between the minutes 46-60?
Girona FC have a winning streak of 3 matches.
Girona FC have won 5 home matches in a row.
Girona FC haven't lost in any of their last 14 home matches.
Girona FC haven't scored in 2 of their 17 home matches in LaLiga this season.
Villarreal CF haven't scored in 2 of their 17 away matches in LaLiga this season.
Girona FC's home record this season: 14-2-1.
Artem Dovbyk is Girona FC's top scorer with 20 goals. Alexander Sorloth has scored 17 times for Villarreal CF.
Savio has assisted the most goals for Girona FC with 9. Alex Baena is Villarreal CF's biggest assister (12).
A year ago, Girona FC were number 7 in the table with 48 points. Now they are number 2 with 74 points.
A year ago, Villarreal CF were number 5 in the table with 57 points. Now they are number 9 with 45 points.
Girona FC have scored at least one goal for 5 consecutive matches.
Villarreal CF have scored at least one goal for 8 consecutive matches.
Girona FC wins 1st half in 34% of their matches, Villarreal CF in 25% of their matches.
Girona FC wins 34% of halftimes, Villarreal CF wins 25%.
The winner of their last meeting was Girona FC.
On their last meeting Girona FC won by 1 goals.
When Girona FC leads 1-0 at home, they win in 84% of their matches.
When Villarreal CF leads 0-1 away, they win in 56% of their matches.
When Girona FC is down 0-1 home, they win 71% of their matches.
When Villarreal CF is down 1-0 away, they win 18% of their matches.
In LaLiga, Girona FC has better performance than Villarreal CF.
Girona FC's performance of the last 5 matches is better than Villarreal CF's.
Villarreal CF have lost just 1 of their last 5 games against Girona FC (in all competitions).
In the last 5 meetings Girona FC won 1, Villarreal CF won 4, 0 draws.
Girona FC scores 0.6 goals in a match against Villarreal CF and Villarreal CF scores 1.6 goals against Girona FC (on average).
Average number of goals in meetings between Girona FC and Villarreal CF is 2.2.
Average number of goals in the first half in meetings between Girona FC and Villarreal CF is 0.6.
Girona FC scores 2.5 goals when playing at home and Villarreal CF scores 1.48 goals when playing away (on average).
Girona FC have scored at least one goal for 6 consecutive matches.
Girona FC wins 1st half in 36% of their matches, Villarreal CF in 25% of their matches.
Girona FC wins 36% of halftimes, Villarreal CF wins 25%.
Girona FC haven't lost in their last 4 games.
Yangel Herrera has more yellow cards (9) than any other player at Girona FC. Alex Baena has collected 9 for Villarreal CF.
Both teams haven't won their last match in LaLiga.
Artem Dovbyk is Girona FC's top scorer with 20 goals. Alexander Sorloth has scored 19 times for Villarreal CF.
Savio has assisted the most goals for Girona FC with 9. Alex Baena is Villarreal CF's biggest assister (13).
A year ago, Girona FC were number 8 in the table with 48 points. Now they are number 3 with 75 points.
A year ago, Villarreal CF were number 5 in the table with 60 points. Now they are number 9 with 48 points.
Villarreal CF have scored at least one goal for 9 consecutive matches.
Girona FC wins 1st half in 36% of their matches, Villarreal CF in 24% of their matches.
Girona FC wins 36% of halftimes, Villarreal CF wins 24%.
Did you know that Villarreal CF scores 24% of their goals between the minutes 76-90?
If Alexander Sorloth scores against Girona FC it will be his 20th goal for Villarreal CF this season.
If Alex Baena receives a yellow card in today's match, he will be suspended after collecting 10 yellow cards so far this season.
This was Alex Baena's 10th yellow card for the season.
The most common end-result when Villarreal CF leads 1-0 away this season is 2-1.
1/55

Girona vs Villarreal Predictions

Bookmakers predict that Girona FC has a higher chance of winning at 56.16% against Villarreal CF, with the odds for Girona FC to win set at 1.65. The likelihood of a draw stands at 20.73%, with draw odds at 4.5, while Villarreal CF has a lower winning probability of 23.11%, and their victory odds are 4.33.

Full-time result1x2
Probability57%21%22%
Odds1.674.334.33
Correct Score2-11-02-0
Probability10%8%8%
Odds91513
Over/Under 2.5OverUnder
Probability65%35%
Odds1.333.4
BTTSYesNo
Probability62%38%
Odds1.363
Odds data provided by: Bet365

News

Head to head

In their last 5 meetings, Villarreal CF has won 4 times against Girona FC, who won their most recent encounter with a score of 2-1. Villarreal CF has won 3 times as the guest team, while Girona FC has won once as the guest team.

Girona
Matches:6
Villarreal
17%
Wins: 1
0%
Draws: 0
83%
Wins: 5
Recent meetings
  1. Flag ESPLaLiga
    14 May 2024
    GironaGirona
    0 : 1
    VillarrealVillarreal
  2. Flag ESPLaLiga
    27 Sep 2023
    VillarrealVillarreal
    1 : 2
    GironaGirona
  3. Flag ESPLaLiga
    20 May 2023
    GironaGirona
    1 : 2
    VillarrealVillarreal
  4. Flag ESPLaLiga
    22 Jan 2023
    VillarrealVillarreal
    1 : 0
    GironaGirona
  5. Flag ESPCopa del Rey
    26 Jan 2021
    GironaGirona
    0 : 1
    VillarrealVillarreal

Form

Girona FC's recent matches include a 2-2 draw against Deportivo Alaves and a 4-2 win over FC Barcelona. Meanwhile, Villarreal CF achieved a 3-2 victory against Sevilla FC and a 3-0 win against Rayo Vallecano in their latest fixtures.

GironaGirona
  1. Flag ESPLaLiga
    19 May 2024
    Valencia
    1 : 3
    Girona
  2. Flag ESPLaLiga
    14 May 2024
    Girona
    0 : 1
    Villarreal
  3. Flag ESPLaLiga
    10 May 2024
    CD Alaves
    2 : 2
    Girona
  4. Flag ESPLaLiga
    4 May 2024
    Girona
    4 : 2
    Barcelona
  5. Flag ESPLaLiga
    27 Apr 2024
    Las Palmas
    0 : 2
    Girona
VillarrealVillarreal
  1. Flag ESPLaLiga
    19 May 2024
    Villarreal
    4 : 4
    Real Madrid
  2. Flag ESPLaLiga
    14 May 2024
    Girona
    0 : 1
    Villarreal
  3. Flag ESPLaLiga
    11 May 2024
    Villarreal
    3 : 2
    Sevilla
  4. Flag ESPLaLiga
    5 May 2024
    Celta Vigo
    3 : 2
    Villarreal
  5. Flag ESPLaLiga
    28 Apr 2024
    Villarreal
    3 : 0
    Rayo Vallecano

Girona vs Villarreal Standings

Girona FC is currently in 2nd place while Villarreal CF is in 8th place in the standings.

PosTeamWDLMPts
2Barcelona25753782
3Girona25673881
4Atletico Madrid234103773
...
7Real Betis141493756
8Villarreal1410133752
9Valencia139153748

Match information