1. Football today
  2. LaLiga
  3. Real Madrid vs Athletic Bilbao

Rodrygo (73') Rodrygo (8')

How to watch Real Madrid vs Athletic Bilbao online & on TV, head to head and predictions


Match feed:
  • Match Ended
  • 90'
    Substitution
    • Carvajal, Dani
    • Militao, Eder

    Carlo Ancelotti is making the team's fifth substitution at Santiago Bernabeu with Eder Militao replacing Dani Carvajal.

  • 86'
    Yellow Card
    • Ruiz De Galarreta, Inigo

    Inigo Ruiz De Galarreta (Bilbao) has received a first yellow card.

  • 81'
    Substitution
    • Kroos, Toni
    • Camavinga, Eduardo

    The home team replace Toni Kroos with Eduardo Camavinga.

  • 81'
    Substitution
    • Rodrygo
    • Modric, Luka

    Luka Modric is on a sub for Rodrygo for Real Madrid.

  • 81'
    Substitution
    • Valverde, Federico
    • Vazquez, Lucas

    The home team has substituted Federico Valverde with Lucas Vazquez. Carlo Ancelotti is thus making his second change.

  • 76'
    Substitution
    • Sancet, Oihan
    • Muniain, Iker

    The away team have replaced Oihan Sancet with Iker Muniain. This is the fifth substitution made today by Ernesto Valverde.

  • 73'
    Goal !
    • Rodrygo (Scorer)
    • Bellingham, Jude (Assist)

    Real Madrid take a comfortable 2-0 lead thanks to Rodrygo.

    That's a fine assist from Jude Bellingham.

  • 72'
    Substitution
    • Diaz, Brahim
    • Joselu, Mato

    The home team replace Brahim Diaz with Mato Joselu.

  • 71'
    Yellow Card
    • Nacho

    Nacho is booked for the home team.

  • 57'
    Substitution
    • Guruzeta, Gorka
    • Adu, Malcom

    Bilbao make their fourth substitution with Malcom Adu replacing Gorka Guruzeta.

  • 57'
    Substitution
    • De Marcos, Oscar
    • Berchiche, Yuri

    Ernesto Valverde (Bilbao) is making a third substitution, with Yuri Berchiche replacing Oscar De Marcos.

  • 57'
    Substitution
    • Diaz, Benat Prados
    • Ruiz De Galarreta, Inigo

    Inigo Ruiz De Galarreta is replacing Benat Prados Diaz for the away team.

  • 57'
    Yellow Card
    • Tchouameni, Aurelien

    Real Madrid's Aurelien Tchouameni has been booked in Madrid.

  • 25'
    Substitution
    • Alvarez, Yeray
    • Vivian, Dani

    Ernesto Valverde (Bilbao) is making a first change, with Dani Vivian replacing the possibly injured Yeray Alvarez.

  • 8'
    Goal !
    • Rodrygo (Scorer)
    • Diaz, Brahim (Assist)

    Rodrygo is on target to give Real Madrid a 1-0 advantage.

    Great play from Brahim Diaz to set up the goal.

  • Match Started

Line-ups

Real Madrid
(4-3-3)
(4-2-3-1)
Athletic Bilbao
13Lunin2Carvajal6Nacho22Rudiger23Mendy15Valverde18Tchouameni8Kroos11Rodrygo5Bellingham21Diaz13Agirrezabala18De Marcos5Alvarez4Paredes15Lekue6Vesga24Diaz9Williams8Sancet7Berenguer12Guruzeta
Athletic Bilbao
(4-2-3-1)

Statistics

Ball possession
Real Madrid58%
42% Athletic Bilbao
Shots
3Off goal24On goal3

2
Shots blocked
2
4
Corner kicks
7
1
Offsides
0
3
Saves
2
9
Fouls
13
2
Yellow cards
1
0
Red cards
0

Real Madrid vs Athletic Bilbao Betting tips

The most common result of matches between Real Madrid and Athletic Bilbao when Real Madrid is playing at home is 3-1. 5 matches have ended with this result.
The most common result of matches between Real Madrid and Athletic Bilbao is 1-1. 7 matches have ended with this result.
During the last 31 meetings with Real Madrid playing at home, Real Madrid have won 24 times, there have been 4 draws while Athletic Bilbao have won 3 times. The goal difference is 80-24 in favour of Real Madrid.
During the last 66 meetings, Real Madrid have won 42 times, there have been 11 draws while Athletic Bilbao have won 13 times. The goal difference is 137-56 in favour of Real Madrid.
Athletic Bilbao's last away win against Real Madrid was in 2005.
Last season's matches: 1-1 (Real Madrid at home) and 0-2 (Athletic Bilbao at home).
In LaLiga, Real Madrid have 3 successive home wins.
Did you know that Real Madrid scores 22% of their goals between the minutes 61-75?
Did you know that Athletic Bilbao scores 20% of their goals between the minutes 31-45?
Real Madrid haven't lost in their last 12 games.
Real Madrid haven't lost in any of their last 25 home matches.
Athletic Bilbao haven't lost in their last 4 games.
When playing at home, Real Madrid have not lost to Athletic Bilbao in their last 19 encounters.
Real Madrid haven't scored in 1 of their 14 home matches in LaLiga this season.
Athletic Bilbao haven't scored in 6 of their 14 away matches in LaLiga this season.
Real Madrid's home record this season: 12-2-0.
Jude Bellingham is Real Madrid's top scorer with 16 goals. Gorka Guruzeta has scored 13 times for Athletic Bilbao.
Federico Valverde has assisted the most goals for Real Madrid with 8. Nico Williams is Athletic Bilbao's biggest assister (7).
Real Madrid have scored at least one goal for 26 consecutive matches.
Athletic Bilbao have kept a clean sheet in 4 matches in a row.
Real Madrid wins 1st half in 42% of their matches, Athletic Bilbao in 50% of their matches.
Real Madrid wins 42% of halftimes, Athletic Bilbao wins 50%.
The winner of their last meeting was Real Madrid.
On their last meeting Real Madrid won by 2 goals.
When Real Madrid leads 1-0 at home, they win in 83% of their matches.
When Athletic Bilbao leads 0-1 away, they win in 75% of their matches.
When Real Madrid is down 0-1 home, they win 85% of their matches.
When Athletic Bilbao is down 1-0 away, they win 0% of their matches.
In LaLiga, Real Madrid has better performance than Athletic Bilbao.
Real Madrid's performance of the last 5 matches is better than Athletic Bilbao's.
Real Madrid have lost just 1 of their last 5 games against Athletic Bilbao (in all competitions).
In the last 5 meetings Real Madrid won 3, Athletic Bilbao won 1, 1 draws.
Real Madrid have lost just 0 of their last 5 LaLiga games against Athletic Bilbao.
Athletic Bilbao have won just 0 of their last 5 LaLiga games against Real Madrid.
Real Madrid scores 1.4 goals in a match against Athletic Bilbao and Athletic Bilbao scores 0.4 goals against Real Madrid (on average).
Average number of goals in meetings between Real Madrid and Athletic Bilbao is 1.8.
Average number of goals in the first half in meetings between Real Madrid and Athletic Bilbao is 0.8.
Real Madrid scores 2.53 goals when playing at home and Athletic Bilbao scores 1.21 goals when playing away (on average).
If Inaki Williams scores against Real Madrid it will be his 10th goal for Athletic Bilbao this season.
If Alex Berenguer receives a yellow card in today's match, he will be suspended after collecting 5 yellow cards so far this season.
The most common end-result when Real Madrid leads 1-0 at home this season is 4-0.
Real Madrid is undefeated this season when playing at home and taking the lead 1-0.
This was Rodrygo's 10th goal for the season.
This was Inigo Ruiz De Galarreta's 5th yellow card for the season.
1/44

News

Head to head

Real Madrid
Matches:13
Athletic Bilbao
69%
Wins: 9
15%
Draws: 2
15%
Wins: 2
Recent meetings
  1. Flag ESPLaLiga
    31 Mar 2024
    Real MadridReal Madrid
    2 : 0
    Athletic BilbaoAthletic Bilbao
  2. Flag ESPLaLiga
    12 Aug 2023
    Athletic BilbaoAthletic Bilbao
    0 : 2
    Real MadridReal Madrid
  3. Flag ESPLaLiga
    4 Jun 2023
    Real MadridReal Madrid
    1 : 1
    Athletic BilbaoAthletic Bilbao
  4. Flag ESPLaLiga
    22 Jan 2023
    Athletic BilbaoAthletic Bilbao
    0 : 2
    Real MadridReal Madrid
  5. Flag ESPCopa del Rey
    3 Feb 2022
    Athletic BilbaoAthletic Bilbao
    1 : 0
    Real MadridReal Madrid

Form

Real MadridReal Madrid
  1. Flag nullUEFA Champions League
    1 Jun 2024
    Borussia Dortmund
    0 : 2
    Real Madrid
  2. Flag ESPLaLiga
    25 May 2024
    Real Madrid
    0 : 0
    Real Betis
  3. Flag ESPLaLiga
    19 May 2024
    Villarreal
    4 : 4
    Real Madrid
  4. Flag ESPLaLiga
    14 May 2024
    Real Madrid
    5 : 0
    CD Alaves
  5. Flag ESPLaLiga
    11 May 2024
    Granada
    0 : 4
    Real Madrid
Athletic BilbaoAthletic Bilbao
  1. Flag ESPLaLiga
    25 May 2024
    Rayo Vallecano
    0 : 1
    Athletic Bilbao
  2. Flag ESPLaLiga
    19 May 2024
    Athletic Bilbao
    2 : 0
    Sevilla
  3. Flag ESPLaLiga
    15 May 2024
    Celta Vigo
    2 : 1
    Athletic Bilbao
  4. Flag ESPLaLiga
    11 May 2024
    Athletic Bilbao
    2 : 2
    Osasuna
  5. Flag ESPLaLiga
    3 May 2024
    Getafe
    0 : 2
    Athletic Bilbao

Real Madrid vs Athletic Bilbao Standings

PosTeamWDLMPts
1Real Madrid29813895
2Barcelona26753885
...
4Atletico Madrid244103876
5Athletic Bilbao191183868
6Real Sociedad1612103860

Match information

Real Madrid will host Athletic Bilbao in an upcoming LaLiga match at the Santiago Bernabeu stadium. The match is set to take place on Sunday, 31 March 2024, starting at 20:00 UTC.

Real Madrid is currently leading the standings in LaLiga, holding the first position, while Athletic Bilbao is in fourth place.

The last encounter between these two teams was on 12 August 2023, where Real Madrid emerged victorious with a 2-0 win against Athletic Bilbao.

In their previous 12 meetings, Real Madrid has the upper hand with 8 wins, while Athletic Bilbao has won twice, and there have been 2 draws. Real Madrid boasts 3 home wins and 5 away wins in their head-to-head stats, whereas Athletic Bilbao has 1 home win and 1 away win against Real Madrid.

In terms of broadcasts, the match will be available via various channels. For viewers in the UK, the match can be streamed on the bookmaker platform bet365, watched on La Liga TV, or streamed through Viaplay.

Regarding predictions, Real Madrid has a 60.37% chance of winning, a draw has a 21.76% chance, and Athletic Bilbao has a 17.87% chance of victory. The betting odds on bet365 are set at 1.53 for a Real Madrid win, 4.33 for a draw, and 6 for an Athletic Bilbao win.