1. Football today
  2. LaLiga
  3. Athletic Bilbao vs Girona

Williams (60') Berenguer (56') Berenguer (2')
Garcia (75') Tsygankov (49')

How to watch Athletic Bilbao vs Girona online & on TV, head to head and predictions


Match feed:
  • Match Ended
  • 89'
    Substitution
    • Herrera, Yangel
    • Solis, Jhon

    Jhon Solis is replacing Yangel Herrera for the away team.

  • 89'
    Substitution
    • Tsygankov, Viktor
    • Stuani, Cristhian

    The away team replace Viktor Tsygankov with Cristhian Stuani.

  • 86'
    Substitution
    • Diaz, Benat Prados
    • Vesga, Mikel

    Mikel Vesga is on a sub for Benat Prados Diaz for Bilbao.

  • 86'
    Substitution
    • Alvarez, Yeray
    • Paredes, Aitor

    Aitor Paredes is replacing Yeray Alvarez for the home team.

  • 75'
    Goal !
    • Garcia, Eric (Scorer)
    • Garcia, Aleix (Assist)

    Goal! Eric Garcia pulls one back for Girona to make it 3-2.

    Great play from Aleix Garcia to set up the goal.

  • 74'
    Substitution
    • Williams, Inaki
    • Williams, Nico

    Ernesto Valverde (Bilbao) is making a third substitution, with Nico Williams replacing Inaki Williams.

  • 74'
    Substitution
    • Arnau, Martinez
    • Fernandez, Valery

    Girona make their second substitution with Valery Fernandez replacing Martinez Arnau.

  • 74'
    Substitution
    • Martin, Ivan
    • Portu

    Michel is making the team's first substitution at San Mames Stadium with Portu replacing Ivan Martin.

  • 74'
    Substitution
    • Gomez Echevarria, Unai
    • Sancet, Oihan

    Oihan Sancet is replacing Unai Gomez Echevarria for Bilbao at San Mames Stadium.

  • 60'
    Goal !
    • Williams, Inaki (Scorer)
    • Alvarez, Yeray (Assist)

    Bilbao take a comfortable 3-1 lead thanks to Inaki Williams.

    Yeray Alvarez with an assist there.

  • 56'
    Goal !
    • Berenguer, Alex (Scorer)
    • Guruzeta, Gorka (Assist)

    Goal! The home team take a 2-1 lead through Alex Berenguer.

    That's a fine assist from Gorka Guruzeta.

  • 49'
    Goal !
    • Tsygankov, Viktor (Scorer)
    • Martin, Ivan (Assist)

    Goal! The away team draw level at 1-1 through Viktor Tsygankov.

    Ivan Martin instrumental with a fine assist.

  • 20'
    Yellow Card
    • Carlos, Juan

    Juan Carlos (Girona) is not on the pitch at the moment but still receives a yellow card.

  • 30'
    Substitution
    • Lekue, Inigo
    • De Marcos, Oscar

    Ernesto Valverde (Bilbao) has taken off Inigo Lekue who seemed to be grimacing with pain earlier. A possible injury. Oscar De Marcos is the replacement.

  • 25'
    Yellow Card
    • Lekue, Inigo

    Bilbao's Inigo Lekue has been booked in Bilbao.

  • 2'
    Goal !
    • Berenguer, Alex (Scorer)

    Bilbao take a 1-0 lead thanks to Alex Berenguer.

  • Match Started

Line-ups

Athletic Bilbao
(4-2-3-1)
(4-2-3-1)
Girona
1Simon15Lekue3Vivian5Alvarez17Berchiche16Ruiz De Galarreta24Diaz9Williams30Gomez Echevarria7Berenguer12Guruzeta13Gazzaniga4Arnau25Garcia15Juanpe3Gutierrez21Herrera14Garcia8Tsygankov23Martin16Savio9Dovbyk
Girona
(4-2-3-1)

Statistics

Ball possession
Athletic Bilbao33%
67% Girona
Shots
1Off goal47On goal8

5
Shots blocked
2
3
Corner kicks
4
2
Offsides
3
7
Saves
4
16
Fouls
15
1
Yellow cards
1
0
Red cards
0

Athletic Bilbao vs Girona Betting tips

During the last 7 meetings, Athletic Bilbao have won 3 times, there have been 1 draws while Girona FC have won 3 times. The goal difference is 9-9 in favour of Athletic Bilbao.
Last season Girona FC won both games against Athletic Bilbao (2-1 at home and 3-2 away).
In LaLiga, Athletic Bilbao have 6 successive home wins.
Did you know that Athletic Bilbao scores 21% of their goals between the minutes 16-30?
Did you know that Girona FC scores 25% of their goals between the minutes 31-45?
Athletic Bilbao haven't lost in their last 4 games.
Athletic Bilbao have won 8 home matches in a row.
Athletic Bilbao haven't lost in any of their last 13 home matches.
Athletic Bilbao haven't scored in 1 of their 12 home matches in LaLiga this season.
Girona FC haven't scored in 2 of their 12 away matches in LaLiga this season.
Athletic Bilbao's home record this season: 9-2-1.
Girona FC's away record this season: 8-3-1.
Gorka Guruzeta is Athletic Bilbao's top scorer with 9 goals. Artem Dovbyk has scored 14 times for Girona FC.
A year ago, Girona FC were number 11 in the table with 30 points. Now they are number 2 with 56 points.
Athletic Bilbao have kept a clean sheet in 3 matches in a row.
Athletic Bilbao wins 1st half in 45% of their matches, Girona FC in 37% of their matches.
Athletic Bilbao wins 45% of halftimes, Girona FC wins 37%.
Their last meeting was a draw. (1-1)
When Athletic Bilbao leads 1-0 at home, they win in 80% of their matches.
When Girona FC leads 0-1 away, they win in 86% of their matches.
When Athletic Bilbao is down 0-1 home, they win 25% of their matches.
When Girona FC is down 1-0 away, they win 25% of their matches.
In LaLiga, Athletic Bilbao has better performance than Girona FC.
Athletic Bilbao's performance of the last 5 matches is better than Girona FC's.
Girona FC has streak of 2 matches with 0 scored goals.
In the last 5 meetings Athletic Bilbao won 2, Girona FC won 2, 1 draws.
Athletic Bilbao scores 1.4 goals in a match against Girona FC and Girona FC scores 1.4 goals against Athletic Bilbao (on average).
Average number of goals in meetings between Athletic Bilbao and Girona FC is 2.8.
Average number of goals in the first half in meetings between Athletic Bilbao and Girona FC is 1.
Athletic Bilbao scores 1.88 goals when playing at home and Girona FC scores 1.93 goals when playing away (on average).
Athletic Bilbao haven't lost in their last 5 games.
Athletic Bilbao have kept a clean sheet in 4 matches in a row.
Athletic Bilbao wins 1st half in 44% of their matches, Girona FC in 37% of their matches.
Athletic Bilbao wins 44% of halftimes, Girona FC wins 37%.
A year ago, Athletic Bilbao were number 9 in the table with 33 points. Now they are number 5 with 46 points.
Both teams haven't won their last match in LaLiga.
Both teams didn't score on their last match.
If Artem Dovbyk scores against Athletic Bilbao it will be his 15th goal for Girona FC this season.
If Dani Vivian receives a yellow card in today's match, he will be suspended after collecting 5 yellow cards so far this season.
The most common end-result when Athletic Bilbao leads 1-0 at home this season is 4-0.
Athletic Bilbao is undefeated this season when playing at home and taking the lead 1-0.
This was Alex Berenguer's 5th goal for the season.
This was Viktor Tsygankov's 5th goal for the season.
1/43

News

Head to head

Athletic Bilbao
Matches:4
Girona
25%
Wins: 1
25%
Draws: 1
50%
Wins: 2
Recent meetings
  1. Flag ESPLaLiga
    19 Feb 2024
    Athletic BilbaoAthletic Bilbao
    3 : 2
    GironaGirona
  2. Flag ESPLaLiga
    27 Nov 2023
    GironaGirona
    1 : 1
    Athletic BilbaoAthletic Bilbao
  3. Flag ESPLaLiga
    26 Feb 2023
    Athletic BilbaoAthletic Bilbao
    2 : 3
    GironaGirona
  4. Flag ESPLaLiga
    4 Nov 2022
    GironaGirona
    2 : 1
    Athletic BilbaoAthletic Bilbao

Form

Athletic BilbaoAthletic Bilbao
  1. Flag ESPLaLiga
    25 May 2024
    Rayo Vallecano
    0 : 1
    Athletic Bilbao
  2. Flag ESPLaLiga
    19 May 2024
    Athletic Bilbao
    2 : 0
    Sevilla
  3. Flag ESPLaLiga
    15 May 2024
    Celta Vigo
    2 : 1
    Athletic Bilbao
  4. Flag ESPLaLiga
    11 May 2024
    Athletic Bilbao
    2 : 2
    Osasuna
  5. Flag ESPLaLiga
    3 May 2024
    Getafe
    0 : 2
    Athletic Bilbao
GironaGirona
  1. Flag ESPLaLiga
    24 May 2024
    Girona
    7 : 0
    Granada
  2. Flag ESPLaLiga
    19 May 2024
    Valencia
    1 : 3
    Girona
  3. Flag ESPLaLiga
    14 May 2024
    Girona
    0 : 1
    Villarreal
  4. Flag ESPLaLiga
    10 May 2024
    CD Alaves
    2 : 2
    Girona
  5. Flag ESPLaLiga
    4 May 2024
    Girona
    4 : 2
    Barcelona

Athletic Bilbao vs Girona Standings

PosTeamWDLMPts
2Barcelona26753885
3Girona25673881
4Atletico Madrid244103876
5Athletic Bilbao191183868
6Real Sociedad1612103860

Match information

Athletic Bilbao is scheduled to face Girona FC in a LaLiga match on Monday, 19 February 2024. The game will take place at San Mames stadium, with a kick-off time set for 20:00 UTC. Athletic Bilbao is currently 5th in the league standings, while Girona FC holds the 2nd position.

The last encounter between these two teams occurred on 27 November 2023 and resulted in a 1-1 draw. Overall, they have met 3 times, with Girona FC leading the Head-to-Head statistics with 2 wins compared to Athletic Bilbao's no wins; there has been 1 draw. At home, Athletic Bilbao has yet to secure a victory over Girona FC, and the stats reflect the same outcome when they play as the guest team. Girona FC has a track record of 1 home win and 1 away win against Athletic Bilbao.

For those interested in watching the match, it will be broadcasted on several channels. In the United Kingdom, the match can be streamed through bet365, which is categorized as a bookmaker. It will also be available on La Liga TV and Viaplay, which are categorized as TV and standard streaming channels respectively. In the United States, viewers can watch the proceedings on ESPN Deportes and ESPN+, both of which fall under the TV channel category.

As for match predictions, the home team, Athletic Bilbao, has a 52.9% chance of winning, while Girona FC has a 24.03% chance of securing victory. The odds of a draw stand at 23.07%. Bet365 has provided odds of 1.91 for an Athletic Bilbao win, 3.6 for a draw, and 4 for a Girona FC win.