1. Football today
  2. Championship
  3. Sunderland vs Leicester

Vardy (13')

How to watch Sunderland vs Leicester online & on TV, head to head and predictions


Match feed:
  • Match Ended
  • 90'
    Yellow Card
    • Ndidi, Wilfred

    Wilfred Ndidi for Leicester has been booked by Sunny Singh Gill and receives a first yellow card.

  • 86'
    Substitution
    • Fatawu, Issahaku
    • Justin, James Michael

    Enzo Maresca (Leicester) is making a third substitution, with James Michael Justin replacing Issahaku Fatawu.

  • 82'
    Substitution
    • Bellingham, Jobe
    • Styles, Callum

    Anthony Hayes is making the team's fourth substitution at Stadium of Light with Callum Styles replacing Jobe Bellingham.

  • 82'
    Substitution
    • Rigg, Chris
    • Rusyn, Nazary

    The home team have replaced Chris Rigg with Nazary Rusyn. This is the third substitution made today by Anthony Hayes.

  • 81'
    Yellow Card
    • Dewsbury-Hall, Kiernan

    Leicester's Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall has been booked in Sunderland.

  • 79'
    Substitution
    • Vardy, Jamie
    • Iheanacho, Kelechi

    Enzo Maresca (Leicester) is making a second substitution, with Kelechi Iheanacho replacing Jamie Vardy.

  • 71'
    Substitution
    • Akgun, Yunus
    • Ndidi, Wilfred

    Wilfred Ndidi is replacing Yunus Akgun for Leicester at Stadium of Light.

  • 68'
    Yellow Card
    • Hermansen, Mads

    At Stadium of Light, Mads Hermansen has been yellow-carded for the away team.

  • 60'
    Substitution
    • Semedo, Luis
    • Mundle, Romaine

    Anthony Hayes is making the team's second substitution at Stadium of Light with Romaine Mundle replacing Luis Semedo.

  • 60'
    Substitution
    • Ekwah, Pierre
    • Aouchiche, Adil

    Adil Aouchiche is on a sub for Pierre Ekwah for Sunderland.

  • 55'
    Yellow Card
    • O'Nien, Luke

    Luke O'Nien is booked for the home team.

  • 13'
    Goal !
    • Vardy, Jamie (Scorer)

    Goal! Leicester take a 0-1 lead through a well-placed header from Jamie Vardy.

  • Match Started

Line-ups

Sunderland
(3-5-1-1)
(4-2-3-1)
Leicester
1Patterson13O'Nien5Ballard23Seelt32Hume31Rigg39Ekwah24Neill33Hjelde7Bellingham9Semedo30Hermansen17Choudhury4Coady3Faes5Doyle8Winks22Dewsbury-Hall18Fatawu29Akgun10Mavididi9Vardy
Leicester
(4-2-3-1)

Statistics

Ball possession
Sunderland48%
52% Leicester
Shots
6Off goal24On goal6

2
Shots blocked
0
6
Corner kicks
5
3
Offsides
1
5
Saves
4
11
Fouls
19
1
Yellow cards
3
0
Red cards
0

Sunderland vs Leicester Betting tips

The most common result of matches between Sunderland AFC and Leicester City is 0-0. 5 matches have ended with this result.
During the last 11 meetings with Sunderland AFC playing at home, Sunderland AFC have won 4 times, there have been 4 draws while Leicester City have won 3 times. The goal difference is 12-11 in favour of Sunderland AFC.
During the last 25 meetings, Sunderland AFC have won 7 times, there have been 7 draws while Leicester City have won 11 times. The goal difference is 31-23 in favour of Leicester City.
Sunderland AFC have a losing streak of 3 matches in Championship.
Did you know that Sunderland AFC scores 26% of their goals between the minutes 76-90?
Did you know that Leicester City scores 27% of their goals between the minutes 76-90?
Sunderland AFC have lost 3 matches in a row.
Sunderland AFC haven't scored in 4 of their 17 home matches in Championship this season.
Leicester City haven't scored in 1 of their 17 away matches in Championship this season.
Sunderland AFC's home record this season: 10-0-7.
Jack Clarke has assisted the most goals for Sunderland AFC with 5. Kiernan Dewsbury Hall is Leicester City's biggest assister (12).
Daniel Ballard has more yellow cards (11) than any other player at Sunderland AFC. Jannik Vestergaard has collected 10 for Leicester City.
Sunderland AFC have conceded a goal in each of their last 9 matches.
Leicester City have scored at least one goal for 21 consecutive matches.
Sunderland AFC wins 1st half in 25% of their matches, Leicester City in 45% of their matches.
Sunderland AFC wins 25% of halftimes, Leicester City wins 45%.
The winner of their last meeting was Leicester City.
On their last meeting Leicester City won by 1 goals.
When Sunderland AFC leads 1-0 at home, they win in 70% of their matches.
When Leicester City leads 0-1 away, they win in 72% of their matches.
When Sunderland AFC is down 0-1 home, they win 29% of their matches.
When Leicester City is down 1-0 away, they win 14% of their matches.
In Championship, Leicester City has better performance than Sunderland AFC.
Leicester City's performance of the last 5 matches is better than Sunderland AFC's.
Leicester City have lost just 1 of their last 5 games against Sunderland AFC (in all competitions).
In the last 5 meetings Sunderland AFC won 1, Leicester City won 4, 0 draws.
Sunderland AFC have lost just 1 of their last 5 Championship games against Leicester City.
Leicester City have won just 1 of their last 5 Championship games against Sunderland AFC.
Sunderland AFC scores 0.8 goals in a match against Leicester City and Leicester City scores 2 goals against Sunderland AFC (on average).
Average number of goals in meetings between Sunderland AFC and Leicester City is 2.8.
Average number of goals in the first half in meetings between Sunderland AFC and Leicester City is 0.8.
Both teams haven't won their last match in Championship.
Sunderland AFC scores 1.63 goals when playing at home and Leicester City scores 1.77 goals when playing away (on average).
Sunderland AFC have a losing streak of 4 matches in Championship.
Sunderland AFC have lost 4 matches in a row.
Sunderland AFC have conceded a goal in each of their last 10 matches.
Leicester City have scored at least one goal for 22 consecutive matches.
Sunderland AFC wins 1st half in 24% of their matches, Leicester City in 44% of their matches.
Sunderland AFC wins 24% of halftimes, Leicester City wins 44%.
Leicester City have a losing streak of 3 matches in Championship.
Both teams lost their last match.
If Dan Neill scores against Leicester City it will be his 5th goal for Sunderland AFC this season.
The most common end-result when Leicester City leads 1-0 away this season is 2-1.
This was Luke O'Nien's 10th yellow card for the season.
1/44

News

Head to head

Sunderland
Matches:2
Leicester
0%
Wins: 0
0%
Draws: 0
100%
Wins: 2
Recent meetings
  1. Flag ENGChampionship
    5 Mar 2024
    SunderlandSunderland
    0 : 1
    LeicesterLeicester
  2. Flag ENGChampionship
    24 Oct 2023
    LeicesterLeicester
    1 : 0
    SunderlandSunderland

Form

SunderlandSunderland
  1. Flag ENGChampionship
    20 Apr 2024
    Sunderland
    0 : 1
    Millwall
  2. Flag ENGChampionship
    13 Apr 2024
    West Brom
    0 : 1
    Sunderland
  3. Flag ENGChampionship
    9 Apr 2024
    Leeds
    0 : 0
    Sunderland
  4. Flag ENGChampionship
    6 Apr 2024
    Sunderland
    0 : 0
    Bristol City
  5. Flag ENGChampionship
    1 Apr 2024
    Sunderland
    1 : 5
    Blackburn
LeicesterLeicester
  1. Flag ENGChampionship
    20 Apr 2024
    Leicester
    2 : 1
    West Brom
  2. Flag ENGChampionship
    12 Apr 2024
    Plymouth Argyle
    1 : 0
    Leicester
  3. Flag ENGChampionship
    9 Apr 2024
    Millwall
    1 : 0
    Leicester
  4. Flag ENGChampionship
    6 Apr 2024
    Leicester
    2 : 1
    Birmingham
  5. Flag ENGChampionship
    1 Apr 2024
    Leicester
    3 : 1
    Norwich

Sunderland vs Leicester Standings

PosTeamWDLMPts
1Leicester304104494
2Leeds27984490
...
12Bristol City1611174459
13Sunderland168204456
14Swansea1511184456

Match information

Sunderland AFC is set to host Leicester City in an upcoming Championship match. The game is scheduled to take place on Tuesday, 5 March 2024, starting at 19:45 UTC, at the Stadium of Light. Sunderland currently sits in 10th position in the league standings, while Leicester City leads the table, positioned 1st.

The two teams have faced each other once before, with their last match occurring on 24 October 2023. Leicester City emerged victorious in this previous encounter with a narrow 1-0 win over Sunderland. Regarding their head-to-head statistics, Leicester holds an advantage with 1 win, while Sunderland has yet to secure a victory, and there have been no draws between them. Leicester’s win came at their home ground, whereas Sunderland has yet to win at home or as guests.

The match will be broadcasted for viewers in the United Kingdom, with streaming available on SKY GO and TV coverage on Sky Sports Red Button.

Looking into the predictions for the match, the likelihood of a Sunderland win is at 37.68%, with a draw possibility of 23.4%. Leicester City, on the other hand, has a slightly higher chance of winning at 38.92%. Betting odds provided by bet365 indicate 4.5 for a Sunderland AFC win, 3.75 for a draw, and 1.73 for a Leicester City victory.