1. Football today
  2. Championship
  3. Bristol City vs Cardiff

Ng (66')

How to watch Bristol City vs Cardiff online & on TV, head to head and predictions


Match feed:
  • Match Ended
  • 90'
    Substitution
    • Roberts, Haydon
    • Cornick, Harry

    Liam Manning is making the team's fifth substitution at Ashton Gate with Harry Cornick replacing Haydon Roberts.

  • 82'
    Substitution
    • Knight, Jason
    • Pring, Cameron

    Cameron Pring is replacing Jason Knight for the home team.

  • 82'
    Substitution
    • Sykes, Mark
    • Mebude, Adedire

    Bristol City make their third substitution with Adedire Mebude replacing Mark Sykes.

  • 78'
    Substitution
    • Colwill, Joel
    • Collins, Jamilu

    Cardiff make their fifth substitution with Jamilu Collins replacing Joel Colwill.

  • 77'
    Substitution
    • Wilson-Esbrand, Josh
    • Collins, Jamilu

    Jamilu Collins is on a sub for Josh Wilson-Esbrand for Cardiff.

  • 76'
    Yellow Card
    • Gardner-Hickman, Taylor

    Taylor Gardner-Hickman is booked for the home team.

  • 67'
    Yellow Card
    • Wilson-Esbrand, Josh

    Josh Wilson-Esbrand (Cardiff) has received a yellow card from Stuart Attwell.

  • 66'
    Goal !
    • Ng, Perry (Scorer)

    Perry Ng heads in to make it 0-1 at Ashton Gate.

  • 65'
    Substitution
    • Ralls, Joe
    • Wintle, Ryan

    The away team replace Joe Ralls with Ryan Wintle.

  • 64'
    Substitution
    • Bowler, Josh
    • Tanner, Ollie

    Ollie Tanner is replacing Josh Bowler for Cardiff at Ashton Gate.

  • 61'
    Substitution
    • Wells, Nahki
    • Conway, Tommy

    The home team have replaced Nahki Wells with Tommy Conway. This is the second substitution made today by Liam Manning.

  • 61'
    Substitution
    • King, Andy
    • Mehmeti, Anis

    Liam Manning (Bristol City) is making a first substitution, with Anis Mehmeti replacing Andy King.

  • 51'
    Substitution
    • Etete, Kion
    • Meite, Yakou

    Yakou Meite is replacing Kion Etete for the away team.

  • 48'
    Yellow Card
    • King, Andy

    Bristol City's Andy King has been booked in Bristol.

  • 15'
    Yellow Card
    • Etete, Kion

    Kion Etete (Cardiff) gets a yellow card.

  • Match Started

Line-ups

Bristol City
(4-3-3)
(4-2-3-1)
Cardiff
1O'Leary2McCrorie26Vyner16Dickie24Roberts10King8Williams22Gardner-Hickman12Knight21Wells17Sykes1Horvath38Ng4Goutas12Phillips30Wilson-Esbrand8Ralls23Siopis15Turnbull34Colwill14Bowler9Etete
Cardiff
(4-2-3-1)

Statistics

Ball possession
Bristol City53%
47% Cardiff
Shots
5Off goal41On goal3

5
Shots blocked
0
8
Corner kicks
3
3
Offsides
0
2
Saves
1
10
Fouls
8
2
Yellow cards
2
0
Red cards
0

Bristol City vs Cardiff Betting tips

During the last 16 meetings with Bristol City playing at home, Bristol City have won 7 times, there have been 3 draws while Cardiff City have won 6 times. The goal difference is 23-22 in favour of Cardiff City.
During the last 33 meetings, Bristol City have won 11 times, there have been 5 draws while Cardiff City have won 17 times. The goal difference is 46-34 in favour of Cardiff City.
Last season's matches: 2-0 (Bristol City at home) and 2-0 (Cardiff City at home).
Did you know that Bristol City scores 24% of their goals between the minutes 76-90?
Did you know that Cardiff City scores 30% of their goals between the minutes 76-90?
Cardiff City haven't won in their last 4 games.
Bristol City haven't scored in 6 of their 17 home matches in Championship this season.
Cardiff City haven't scored in 6 of their 17 away matches in Championship this season.
Tommy Conway is Bristol City's top scorer with 6 goals. Perry Ng has scored 5 times for Cardiff City.
Taylor Gardner Hickman has assisted the most goals for Bristol City with 4. Joe Ralls is Cardiff City's biggest assister (6).
Cameron Pring has more yellow cards (7) than any other player at Bristol City. Jamilu Collins has collected 8 for Cardiff City.
Bristol City have conceded a goal in each of their last 7 matches.
Bristol City wins 1st half in 32% of their matches, Cardiff City in 26% of their matches.
Bristol City wins 32% of halftimes, Cardiff City wins 26%.
The winner of their last meeting was Cardiff City.
On their last meeting Cardiff City won by 2 goals.
When Bristol City leads 1-0 at home, they win in 75% of their matches.
When Cardiff City leads 0-1 away, they win in 58% of their matches.
When Bristol City is down 0-1 home, they win 0% of their matches.
When Cardiff City is down 1-0 away, they win 20% of their matches.
In Championship, Bristol City has better performance than Cardiff City.
Bristol City's performance of the last 5 matches is better than Cardiff City's.
In the last 5 meetings Bristol City won 3, Cardiff City won 2, 0 draws.
Bristol City scores 1.4 goals in a match against Cardiff City and Cardiff City scores 1.4 goals against Bristol City (on average).
Average number of goals in meetings between Bristol City and Cardiff City is 2.8.
Average number of goals in the first half in meetings between Bristol City and Cardiff City is 1.
Both teams haven't won their last match in Championship.
Both teams didn't score on their last match.
Bristol City scores 1.93 goals when playing at home and Cardiff City scores 1.14 goals when playing away (on average).
A year ago, Cardiff City were number 21 in the table with 35 points. Now they are number 14 with 44 points.
Did you know that Bristol City scores 23% of their goals between the minutes 76-90?
Did you know that Cardiff City scores 28% of their goals between the minutes 76-90?
Taylor Gardner Hickman has assisted the most goals for Bristol City with 5. Joe Ralls is Cardiff City's biggest assister (7).
If Jason Knight scores against Cardiff City it will be his 5th goal for Bristol City this season.
The most common end-result when Cardiff City leads 1-0 away this season is 2-0.
1/35

News

Head to head

Bristol City
Matches:10
Cardiff
50%
Wins: 5
0%
Draws: 0
50%
Wins: 5
Recent meetings
  1. Flag ENGChampionship
    2 Mar 2024
    Bristol CityBristol City
    0 : 1
    CardiffCardiff
  2. Flag ENGChampionship
    28 Oct 2023
    CardiffCardiff
    2 : 0
    Bristol CityBristol City
  3. Flag ENGChampionship
    4 Mar 2023
    CardiffCardiff
    2 : 0
    Bristol CityBristol City
  4. Flag ENGChampionship
    21 Aug 2022
    Bristol CityBristol City
    2 : 0
    CardiffCardiff
  5. Flag ENGChampionship
    22 Jan 2022
    Bristol CityBristol City
    3 : 2
    CardiffCardiff

Form

Bristol CityBristol City
  1. Flag ENGChampionship
    4 May 2024
    Stoke
    4 : 0
    Bristol City
  2. Flag ENGChampionship
    27 Apr 2024
    Bristol City
    2 : 0
    Rotherham
  3. Flag ENGChampionship
    20 Apr 2024
    Norwich
    1 : 1
    Bristol City
  4. Flag ENGChampionship
    13 Apr 2024
    Bristol City
    1 : 1
    Huddersfield
  5. Flag ENGChampionship
    10 Apr 2024
    Bristol City
    5 : 0
    Blackburn
CardiffCardiff
  1. Flag nullClub Friendly Games
    13 Jul 2024
    Cardiff
    3 : 1
    KV Kortrijk
  2. Flag nullClub Friendly Games
    10 Jul 2024
    Cardiff
    0 : 1
    Kidderminster Harriers
  3. Flag ENGChampionship
    4 May 2024
    Rotherham
    5 : 2
    Cardiff
  4. Flag ENGChampionship
    27 Apr 2024
    Cardiff
    1 : 4
    Middlesbrough
  5. Flag ENGChampionship
    20 Apr 2024
    Cardiff
    2 : 1
    Southampton

Match information

Bristol City is set to play against Cardiff City at Ashton Gate on Saturday, the 2nd of March 2024, commencing at 12:30 UTC. This encounter is part of the Championship competition. Presently in the league standings, Bristol City occupies the 12th position, while Cardiff City is placed 14th.

The last match between these two teams occurred on the 28th of October, 2023, with Cardiff City hosting the game and emerging victorious with a scoreline of 2-0 against Bristol City. Overall, the teams have met 9 times, with Bristol City winning 5 of those encounters and Cardiff City taking 4 victories. There have been no draws recorded in their head-to-head history.

In terms of head-to-head statistics specific to venue, Bristol City has secured 2 wins at home and 3 as guests, while Cardiff City has won 2 times at home and 2 times as guests.

Analysts' predictions suggest a 44.13% chance of a Bristol City win, a 25.95% chance of a draw, and a 29.92% chance for Cardiff City to triumph. The betting odds provided by bet365 are in favor of Bristol City with odds of 1.95, a draw at 3.4, and Cardiff City with odds of 4.

As for the transmissions, there are no specific streaming or TV broadcast details provided for this match.