1. Football today
  2. Serie A
  3. Empoli vs Cagliari
Empoli

Empoli

Empoli

Full time
01
03.03.24
Cagliari

Cagliari

Cagliari


Jankto (69')

How to watch Empoli vs Cagliari online & on TV, head to head and predictions


Match feed:
  • Match Ended
  • 87'
    Substitution
    • Gaetano, Gianluca
    • Shomurodov, Eldor

    Cagliari make their fifth substitution with Eldor Shomurodov replacing Gianluca Gaetano.

  • 87'
    Substitution
    • Lapadula, Gianluca
    • Mutandwa, Kingstone

    Kingstone Mutandwa is on a sub for Gianluca Lapadula for Cagliari.

  • 85'
    Yellow Card
    • Scuffet, Simone

    At Carlo Castellani, Simone Scuffet has been yellow-carded for the away team.

  • 82'
    Substitution
    • Walukiewicz, Sebastian
    • Cerri, Alberto

    Alberto Cerri is replacing Sebastian Walukiewicz for the home team.

  • 79'
    Yellow Card
    • Mina, Yerry

    Yerry Mina for Cagliari has been booked by Antonio Rapuano and receives a first yellow card.

  • 77'
    Substitution
    • Jankto, Jakub
    • Wieteska, Mateusz

    Mateusz Wieteska is replacing Jakub Jankto for Cagliari at Carlo Castellani.

  • 77'
    Substitution
    • Augello, Tommaso
    • Dentello Azzi, Paulo Daniel

    Claudio Ranieri is making the team's second substitution at Carlo Castellani with Paulo Daniel Dentello Azzi replacing Tommaso Augello.

  • 72'
    Substitution
    • Cacace, Liberato
    • Pezzella, Giuseppe

    Giuseppe Pezzella is replacing Liberato Cacace for Empoli at Carlo Castellani.

  • 72'
    Substitution
    • Kovalenko, Viktor
    • Gyasi, Emmanuel

    Davide Nicola (Empoli) is making a third substitution, with Emmanuel Gyasi replacing Viktor Kovalenko.

  • 72'
    Substitution
    • Cancellieri, Matteo
    • Fazzini, Jacopo

    The home team replace Matteo Cancellieri with Jacopo Fazzini.

  • 69'
    Goal !
    • Jankto, Jakub (Scorer)
    • Nandez, Nahitan (Assist)

    Goal! Jakub Jankto gives Cagliari a 0-1 lead.

    Great play from Nahitan Nandez to set up the goal.

  • 58'
    Substitution
    • Destro, Mattia
    • Niang, M'Baye

    The home team have replaced Mattia Destro with M'Baye Niang. This is the first substitution made today by Davide Nicola.

  • 32'
    Substitution
    • Luvumbo, Zito
    • Zappa, Gabriele

    Gabriele Zappa (Cagliari) has replaced the possibly injured Zito Luvumbo.

  • 17'
    Yellow Card
    • Gaetano, Gianluca

    Gianluca Gaetano (Cagliari) has received a yellow card from Antonio Rapuano.

  • Match Started

Line-ups

Empoli
(4-3-2-1)
(4-3-1-2)
Cagliari
25Caprile34Ismajli4Walukiewicz33Luperto13Cacace29Maleh18Marin8Kovalenko28Cambiaghi20Cancellieri23Destro22Scuffet8Nandez4Dossena26Mina27Augello21Jankto14Deiola29Makoumbou70Gaetano77Luvumbo9Lapadula
Cagliari
(4-3-1-2)

Statistics

Ball possession
Empoli49%
51% Cagliari
Shots
4Off goal26On goal5

5
Shots blocked
1
9
Corner kicks
2
3
Offsides
0
4
Saves
6
12
Fouls
14
0
Yellow cards
3
0
Red cards
0

Empoli vs Cagliari Betting tips

The most common result of matches between Empoli FC and Cagliari Calcio is 2-0. 3 matches have ended with this result.
During the last 10 meetings with Empoli FC playing at home, Empoli FC have won 7 times, there have been 1 draws while Cagliari Calcio have won 2 times. The goal difference is 17-12 in favour of Empoli FC.
During the last 21 meetings, Empoli FC have won 10 times, there have been 5 draws while Cagliari Calcio have won 6 times. The goal difference is 32-32 in favour of Empoli FC.
Cagliari Calcio's last away win against Empoli FC was in 2014.
Did you know that Empoli FC scores 32% of their goals between the minutes 76-90?
Did you know that Empoli FC scores 5% of their goals between the minutes 46-60? This is the lowest percentage in the league.
Did you know that Cagliari Calcio scores 39% of their goals between the minutes 76-90?
Empoli FC haven't lost in their last 6 games.
Cagliari Calcio haven't won in their last 5 games.
Cagliari Calcio haven't won any of their last 9 away matches.
When playing at home, Empoli FC have not lost to Cagliari Calcio in their last 3 encounters.
Empoli FC haven't scored in 8 of their 13 home matches in Serie A this season.
Cagliari Calcio haven't scored in 6 of their 13 away matches in Serie A this season.
Cagliari Calcio's away record this season: 0-4-9.
Szymon Zurkowski is Empoli FC's top scorer with 4 goals. Leonardo Pavoletti has scored 4 times for Cagliari Calcio.
Razvan Marin has assisted the most goals for Empoli FC with 2. Zito Luvumbo is Cagliari Calcio's biggest assister (3).
Cagliari Calcio have conceded a goal in each of their last 8 matches.
Empoli FC wins 1st half in 27% of their matches, Cagliari Calcio in 26% of their matches.
Empoli FC wins 27% of halftimes, Cagliari Calcio wins 26%.
Their last meeting was a draw. (0-0)
When Empoli FC leads 1-0 at home, they win in 77% of their matches.
When Cagliari Calcio leads 0-1 away, they win in 50% of their matches.
When Empoli FC is down 0-1 home, they win 0% of their matches.
When Cagliari Calcio is down 1-0 away, they win 8% of their matches.
In Serie A, Empoli FC has better performance than Cagliari Calcio.
Empoli FC's performance of the last 5 matches is better than Cagliari Calcio's.
Empoli FC have lost just 0 of their last 5 games against Cagliari Calcio (in all competitions).
In the last 5 meetings Empoli FC won 2, Cagliari Calcio won 0, 3 draws.
Empoli FC have lost just 0 of their last 5 Serie A games against Cagliari Calcio.
Cagliari Calcio have won just 0 of their last 5 Serie A games against Empoli FC.
Empoli FC scores 1.4 goals in a match against Cagliari Calcio and Cagliari Calcio scores 0.6 goals against Empoli FC (on average).
Average number of goals in meetings between Empoli FC and Cagliari Calcio is 2.
Average number of goals in the first half in meetings between Empoli FC and Cagliari Calcio is 0.8.
Empoli FC scores 1 goals when playing at home and Cagliari Calcio scores 1.08 goals when playing away (on average).
Did you know that Cagliari Calcio scores 42% of their goals between the minutes 76-90?
Cagliari Calcio haven't won in their last 6 games.
Cagliari Calcio have conceded a goal in each of their last 9 matches.
If Zito Luvumbo scores against Empoli FC it will be his 5th goal for Cagliari Calcio this season.
If Youssef Maleh receives a yellow card in today's match, he will be suspended after collecting 10 yellow cards so far this season.
The most common end-result when Cagliari Calcio are down 0-1 away this season is 1-1.
1/40

News

Head to head

Empoli
Matches:4
Cagliari
25%
Wins: 1
50%
Draws: 2
25%
Wins: 1
Recent meetings
  1. Flag ITASerie A
    3 Mar 2024
    EmpoliEmpoli
    0 : 1
    CagliariCagliari
  2. Flag ITASerie A
    30 Dec 2023
    CagliariCagliari
    0 : 0
    EmpoliEmpoli
  3. Flag ITASerie A
    13 Feb 2022
    EmpoliEmpoli
    1 : 1
    CagliariCagliari
  4. Flag ITASerie A
    22 Sep 2021
    CagliariCagliari
    0 : 2
    EmpoliEmpoli

Form

EmpoliEmpoli
  1. Flag ITASerie A
    13 Apr 2024
    Lecce
    1 : 0
    Empoli
  2. Flag ITASerie A
    6 Apr 2024
    Empoli
    3 : 2
    Torino
  3. Flag ITASerie A
    1 Apr 2024
    Inter Milan
    2 : 0
    Empoli
  4. Flag ITASerie A
    15 Mar 2024
    Empoli
    0 : 1
    Bologna
  5. Flag ITASerie A
    10 Mar 2024
    AC Milan
    1 : 0
    Empoli
CagliariCagliari
  1. Flag ITASerie A
    14 Apr 2024
    Inter Milan
    2 : 2
    Cagliari
  2. Flag ITASerie A
    7 Apr 2024
    Cagliari
    2 : 1
    Atalanta
  3. Flag ITASerie A
    1 Apr 2024
    Cagliari
    1 : 1
    Verona
  4. Flag ITASerie A
    16 Mar 2024
    Monza
    1 : 0
    Cagliari
  5. Flag ITASerie A
    9 Mar 2024
    Cagliari
    4 : 2
    Salernitana

Empoli vs Cagliari Standings

PosTeamWDLMPts
13Lecce711143232
14Cagliari710153231
15Verona610163228
16Udinese416113128
17Empoli77183228
18Frosinone69173227

Match information

Empoli FC is set to host Cagliari Calcio in an upcoming Serie A match scheduled for Sunday, 3 March 2024, starting at 14:00 UTC. The fixture will take place at the Carlo Castellani stadium.

Currently, Empoli FC is positioned 13th in the league standings, while Cagliari Calcio is facing a challenging season sitting at 19th place. Their last encounter occurred on 30 December 2023, concluding in a goalless draw.

The teams have faced each other a total of 3 times, with Empoli FC securing 1 victory against Cagliari Calcio, while the remaining 2 matches ended in draws. Specifically, at their home ground, Empoli FC has not yet secured a win against Cagliari, and their only win came as an away team. Cagliari Calcio has failed to record a win against Empoli in these encounters.

For those interested in viewing the match, there are several transmission options available. The match will be available through bet365 for streaming, but only in the United Kingdom. Additionally, TNT Sports 2 will also be showing the match both on TV and online, also exclusively for the United Kingdom audience.

Predictions for this match show a relatively balanced outlook with regards to the winning chances of both teams. Empoli FC has been given a 35.68% probability of winning, while Cagliari Calcio has a slightly higher chance at 37.01%. The possibility of the match ending in a draw stands at 27.3%. As for the betting odds provided by bet365, Empoli FC stands at 2.15, a draw at 3.25, and Cagliari Calcio at 3.6.